The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a kid that was just born this morning. When we found her she was the only 1 one of triplets alive. She is very small. She is mostly saanan with a bit of boer. She has brown and very watery diarrhea. She also has weak legs but is getting better at standing. When we found her she was laying alone;we milked a few ounces off her mom and bottle fed her some colostrum as we didn't know when she was born. We have help her stand up for the first 2 feedings, 2 hours apart. What should we do for the diarrhea?
(I did see her first sticky black poop)
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm not sure about a newborn with loose stools,if legs are weak may need some Bose or selenium jell.good baby is nursing

·
Registered
31,475 Posts
Great job gettingher up !! that is amazing! getting her to nurse or take a few oz of colostrum from a bottle every hour or so try to regulate her tummy...a pea size drop of probiotics should help..along with BoSe or the selnium vit E gel...if she still has the runs tomorrow get her on electrolytes between meals...I would usually say no milk but being tiny new born..Im afraid she would grow weak..hydrtation is number one here..and the runs depleats that...Revitalyte Gelling is a gel type electros that really keeps the hydtrated...tractor supply carries it....I would alternate milk then electros..until her poop is normal...it will be soft for several days here is a link to show normal and runny baby poop...
http://goat-link.com/content/view/46/75/#.Ua_hr_aDR68
best wishes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts