The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The 4 year old and the 4 year old udder are they the same goat? If they are the udder is uneven which is not good. I honestly don't like how plump her teats are that's just my personal opinion though. She had decent teat length, I'm not that good at critiquing udders though so I could be completely wrong. Body wise she looks to be a pretty nice looking doe!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The yearling could have a leveler rump, and a bigger chest she doesn't look that bad either. That's all I can think of right now, hope I helped.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 4 year old and the 4 year old udder are they the same goat? If they are the udder is uneven which is not good. I honestly don't like how plump her teats are that's just my personal opinion though. She had decent teat length, I'm not that good at critiquing udders though so I could be completely wrong. Body wise she looks to be a pretty nice looking doe!
Yup, that's the 4ye olds udder. She's in with a buckling (not hers) who sneaks in drinks when he can. Hence the crooked udder. ;)

Her teats are quite large and like you, I don't like them. I bought her as she is a GREAT milker and produces triplets/twins consistently. But those teats make it sooo easy to milk!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
The doe could be blended better in the front. I'd like to see her udder actually full. Sneaky boy :laugh:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yup, that's the 4ye olds udder. She's in with a buckling (not hers) who sneaks in drinks when he can. Hence the crooked udder. ;)

Her teats are quite large and like you, I don't like them. I bought her as she is a GREAT milker and produces triplets/twins consistently. But those teats make it sooo easy to milk!
That's great! I'm glad she's easy to milk!

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
OMG, Rowe, as in Joan Rowe? If so I know her and her family! She used to be, if not, still is a Dairy goat judge, her brother Stuart Rowe has the world famous, world grand champion Innisfail milking shorthorn herd.
I actually was talking to her a few months ago, and went to visit Stuart and Emily, and picked up some calves from them.

Conformation wise, the 4 year old has almost perfect conformation, except I would like to see a bit more strength in the chine, and a tad more brisket. Now her udder should level out with being milked, and with it being level it should show her attachments for what they really are. The teats, really are not an issue, as long as they aren't crazy small, bulbus, or extreme winging.

And that yearling is going to go very far in shows! I do not see any part of her that needs improvement other than she needs a bit more level of a rump, but breed her to an extremely correct buck and that will fix the kids.
If I wanted to a down right picky, picky, person, she could use an teensy bit more brisket, but she will get more with age.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
When you say "better blended", what do you mean by that?

And I'll try to get a photo of when she is really full!
Better blended, the brisket should join into the neck without any indentations, it should blend into the neck smoothly.
The neck to the withers should join smoothly too. Thats what we mean when we say _____ could be better blended, it needs to join more smoothly

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OMG, Rowe, as in Joan Rowe? If so I know her and her family! She used to be, if not, still is a Dairy goat judge, her brother Stuart Rowe has the world famous, world grand champion Innisfail milking shorthorn herd.
I actually was talking to her a few months ago, and went to visit Stuart and Emily, and picked up some calves from them.
Yup, Joan Rowe. :)

Sylvia (4yr old doe) was bred by her. The yearlings is from her lines as well. I'd love to get a buck from her but have heard its nearly impossible now.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Yup, Joan Rowe. :)

Sylvia (4yr old doe) was bred by her. The yearlings is from her lines as well. I'd love to get a buck from her but have heard its nearly impossible now.
Yes, getting a buck from us (Me, Joan, Kristi, Linda, Cinni, everyone I know) It's near impossible. We like to have all the marbles, so to say.
So I would say, try another breeder, If you have to, one out of state and get one shipped in.
This year was the first in probably 8 years that Kristi has sold bucks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You might also just ask Joan, she is getting pretty old now, she might part with one...
I had emailed her this morning. :)

This is my current buck. Out of Rowe's Fairtrade Freedom and an Evies Toggs doe.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I'm tempted to ask how much these goats cost. Guessing A LOT.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts