The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I and another friend have been having problems with green diarhhea with fever in a few of our kids despite dosing with toltrazuril. How often can it be given and at what dose to stop the diarrhea? 1cc per 5 lbs how often if diarrhea continues!!!!
Help!

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
We useit once then retreat in ten days for ours kids with cocci issues.. some will dose monthly as a preventive..

green runs is more dietary then cocci and with fever you could be dealing with enteriotoxemia..what is the temps running?? What is their feed, hay, alfalfa situation? Do they graze? if so when are they set out to graze..
I would give them C D Antitoxin....pepto to help dry them and sooth the tummy, I would not give feed until I see berries..hay alfalfa and green leaves only...electrolytes to keep them hydrated..
with any wormer its good to give it time to work...never keep treating because the goat is still ill..it causes stress and can complicate the issues ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toltrazuril

Hi, I dosed the one with CD ANTITOXIN, banamine, spectogard, pen g, fortified B complex, etc. maybe I'm under dosing the Baycox

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
Baycox is 1 cc per 5# ...
sounds like you got everything covered...: ) offer electros to keep her hydratated..
remember once you start antitbiotic its best to do full treatment of 5 days ...keep up the cd antitoxin until her poop thickens to playdough and she acts back to normal..eating drinking, active chewing a cud...its every 12 hours..

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
If you got the "Baycox" from prerace do understand that it is not a manufactured drug under any standards. It is a compound mixed by hand, very illegal in the US. If you have a bad bottle...There's nothing to be done but try again. Green runs can be many things from diet, virus, or Cocci..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts