Tomoorow cannot come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Itchysmom, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    I am getting my goats tomorrow! :leap: :wahoo: :stars: :cool: I need more smilies!

Pen is up, hope it's high enough. Friend is picking up some grain and minerals today, I have hay. They have plenty of shade and some weeds growing in the pen to eat. I get my doe, her whether and a doeling! YEPEE! I can hardly wait!

I go there tomorrow to work in the garden, then home the goaties come!

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Hooray! Hope you have a camera! :)

3. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    AND a doeling? That is great! Can't wait for pictures!

4. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    Oh, I will be sure to take plenty of pictures!

They will be very stressed with the move, but should settle down OK.

I am hoping the doeling is out of the same doe as my doe is. If she is, she should be a good milker also. There was one other doe that had 2 doelings and a buckling this year. But, I am afraid the owner will not know which was this doelings mom as she is gone and this doeling was a bottle baby. IF she can remember then I am good to go.

I am going to tie my GP out by thier pen so she can get used to them and visa versa. I hope she bonds well with them. She should since she loves all animals and gives my horses kisses all the time.

5. carmen escamilla

carmen escamilla New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    Congr on ur new babies im sure u will do just fine with them and they will just love u as well keep a goat happy and u will be happy is my thing so wel wishes to ur new family members and hope we get to see lots of pic of them....

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    WhooHooo!!! Can't wait for photos!!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    a good breeder should always know which kids came from which mom.

8. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    Yeah Stacy, I know,but she has gone through so much lately that her mind is not so much on the goats. I know Jennifer (my does' mom) had three doelings, Jessica had one doeling and two buckling, and my doe had a buckling. She gave Jessica away with one buckling and a dog killed Jessica. The buckling came back and was bottle feed. Then she gave away a buckling and a doeling to an idiot who proceeded to starve both of them to death. So, owner is all freaked out! If I figure this right then the doeling I will be getting is from Jennifer, which means she has a good chance of being a good milker like her mom and sister, who is Shasha. As far as kids go, there are two bucklings (one is mine from Sasha) and four doelings. I think I got that all correct! Either way, the doeling was bottle feed and is friendly. Sasha and my whether are going to need some work to get friendly towards me.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Good luck. I am really happy for you. I always give my goats of all ages Nutri Drench before a travel. It helps with the stress. I also have Calf Calm if it is a long ride.