too cute goat eggs :)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by faintfarm, Oct 10, 2009.

1. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    my lil girl came running in the house last night saying the goats layed eggs mommy and had a big bucket full of 16 eggs that my chickens layed next to where my goats go to eat everyday. it took me an hour to convence her that the goats didn't lay eggs. then she said it was the bunnies because of the easter bunny. but this is the first time our chicken have layed eggs and they are free range so she is outside looking for more eggs. what do you tell a five year old when they say the easter bunny came and left eggs?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    So cute.........Maybe tell her ...that these eggs are from the chickens.....and the Easter bunny eggs ....come around Easter time .....and are made of many bright colors....not brown or white :wink: :greengrin:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :greengrin: how cute. but i'd tell her what pam said. :thumb:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I didnt grow up believing in the Easter bunny so I cant help you there -- I choose to believe that we should be honest with our kids always being truthful. I was a very well rounded kid and I never believed in the easter bunny I dont think it harmed me ;)

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH how adorable it that? How old is she?

I say do what Pam says. That is great advice.

Stacey, I guess as a kid I never thought my parents were not truthful about the "holidays, Eater, Christmas (Santa). but once I had kids I thought OH MY THEY ARE GOING TO SAY SOMEDAY DAY "BUT YOU LIED TOME ABOUT_____. When they would ask if we believe in lets say Santa, we would say yes we do. But as they got older and figured things out we always said that Yes we believe is Santa because Santa is the Spirit of Christmas. No Santa is not what we celebrate Christmas for, but he is the spirit of Christmas. It save me a lot of heart ache.

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That is so cute! Very adorable! :)

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is awesome - I love it!!!!!

I think it is great that your daughter is trying to understand the rational and that she is piecing things together and drawing conclusions on her own - that is a very healthy mind and means that you did very well in raising her to problem solve - kuddos to you!!!!

I think what Pam suggested is a very good idea - maybe then your daughter can work it through in her mind.

As far as being "honest" when raising the children - I think that is a very fine line that many have lost the sense of what the holidays truly are but to keep the holidays going, we do make it fun for the kids along with what the holiday is really about - family and the religious preference of the family, so what it means to them. I don't see any harm in helping the children along with the fictisious icons of the holiday - there are many more fictisious things that I wish more people would recognize instead of condemning others that try to show the truth but they will not listen to the truth.....

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    aawww.... now that is just ADORABLE! I agree... Pam made a very good suggestion I would give that a try! :thumb:

I am SO looking forward to doing these things with our kids for the holidays! My family has always been BIG on get togethers and we go ALL OUT on the holidays!!! I have so many fun memories from my childhood! Things are supposed to be magical and unexplained when you are a child... it keeps a little mystery in everything and makes things SO EXCITING!! One of my FAVORITE Easter memories is when I was about 6 or 7 (would have to ask my mom "exactly" how old I was) they cut out a BIG piece of wood in the shape of a bunny foot, then dipped it in flour, snuck in my room and put "bunny footprints" on the floor going from my room to the living room where my easter basket was with all of the goodies. Now you are talking about one EXCITED KID!!! They could BARELY get me to keep still in church cause I was so excited I wanted to run and tell EVERYONE how the Easter bunny left footprints in my house. :greengrin: I look forward to doing the same thing with my kids :thumb: Sorry... just had to share.... I LOVE the holidays!!!!!! :love:

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Thanks Everyone.... :wink: :thumbup:
    Childhood.... was so much fun......Aww ...those wonderful memories.... :wink: :greengrin:
    We went to church ....as I was growing up .... so I knew.... the real meaning of Christmas ........Easter ect.........even with knowing Santa, Easter Bunny ect... :wink: :greengrin: .........
    as I grew older.....I then ...discovered the truth...I was a little bummed...but......the good part was .....that..the candy...decorations ...presents ... kept coming and those neat colored Easter eggs to ....even to this day ...... :wink: ......LOL..... :greengrin:

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    At 5 years old, your daughter has a very healthy way of thinking! Of course the concept of a goat laying eggs is funny to us, but your lil' girl put 2 and 2 together in her mind...especially since your chickens haven't layed before she didn't know that they left those eggs...and then to rationalize that the Easter bunny left them was the next "obvious" reason. The innocence of a child is priceless and a very special gift to be a part of, What Pam suggested would be good....maybe take a picture of her basket of eggs she found and when Easter comes around with all those pretty colored eggs that the Easter Bunny leaves you can show her the picture.
    I not only grew up with the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus and knew that each Holiday was because of Christ and not them, I also grew up with the "Birthday Bunny" that helped my mom bake our birthday cakes while we were in school!

Though I haven't been blessed with a family, I thoroughly enjoy making my niece squeal with surprise when I show her the "reindeer" tracks in the snow at Christmas......tracks that I put there with a deer leg left from hunting season. Won't be able to see that delight much longer as she is getting wise about Santa, it's still fun to do though!

11. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009
    Hahaha...goat eggs. Cute.

It's good that your daughter is getting to grow up around animals. I think every kid needs animals. And she's also learning where her food comes from. My five year old nephew was at my house a few weeks ago, and he came out and watched me milk the goats, even milked one a little bit himself. Then when I gave him a glass of milk at dinner and told him it was the milk that came from the goats, he gave me this look like I'd said the dumbest thing in the world and replied, 'No, milk come from a bottle.' Later on, he noticed the cow hide I had laying out on a table in the driveway to cure, and came over and asked me some question about the 'flat horse' that was over there. I didn't know what he meant, and asked him to show me, so he led me to the hide and I just had to laugh. He even told me he could see its eyeballs. I'm not sure where...

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, Liz, but those holidays were actually celebrated by pagans and witches long before Christ was ever born.(and He wasn't born in December, either) I grew up with Easter and Christmas and was shocked when I found out what all their traditions really started with. Sorry to get off subject, but it's a thing I just recently learned about and I really think people ought to know what they are really celebrating.

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I highly....respect everyone's upbringing and beliefs .......please remember.. to keep in mind .... we all... have our own beliefs .....no matter what.... they may be ....... we cannot force... it.... upon someone...if they do not desire..............it is best.. not to question it......but to push it aside.......I know ...it can be difficult at times.........
    We all... need to respect ...others... beliefs and dreams..... thank you for ...your understanding on this issue... :grouphug:

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    faintfarm....how is the egg thing going? :hug: :greengrin: