The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bred my doe the 26th... I'm already getting kidding fever haha!

I can't wait to see what kind of kids we get out of this match! Ila has an amazing udder and produces about 16lbs of milk a day. She also has super parasite tolerant kids so I'm excited for that! Now we are just crossing our fingers and praying for a doe!

Ila from Green Mountain Farm (My farm)
3C136110-83F5-4358-8CCE-8ADAC120EADA.jpeg

Sycamore from Catwalk Farm
CD4993A7-14D2-4F60-AE67-4F8660AA5580.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
No babies for me until February so I’m just gonna be watching everyone’s baby threads. My lamancha aborted at about the 2 month mark so I’ve been pretty bummed about that and giving everyone way to much extra attention and love since.

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
Congratulations and good luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
No babies for me until February so I'm just gonna be watching everyone's baby threads. My lamancha aborted at about the 2 month mark so I've been pretty bummed about that and giving everyone way to much extra attention and love since.
I won't have any until march lol so I'm watching all the threads getting myself excited lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
So exciting! I love that your goat is named Ila!! That was my grandmother's name and she recently passed at the age of 100! Its a pretty and unusual name.

I wont have babies till March. These will be my first kiddings and the 3 preggo does I have are all ff's too lol. It will be like the blind leading the blind. I am so excited yet so nervous. I am paying close attention to other people's thread and watching lots of goat birth videos lol.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So exciting! I love that your goat is named Ila!! That was my grandmother's name and she recently passed at the age of 100! Its a pretty and unusual name.

I wont have babies till March. These will be my first kiddings and the 3 preggo does I have are all ff's too lol. It will be like the blind leading the blind. I am so excited yet so nervous. I am paying close attention to other people's thread and watching lots of goat birth videos lol.
I had never heard of the name Ila until I purchased her about 8 years ago. It's a beautiful name!

Good luck with your first kiddings! Don't hesitate to post questions on here. One piece of advice is don't stare at your goats for hours on end. I've done that and it just causes anxiety for everyone involved lol. I go off of the ligaments, which you can look up. Once the ligaments totally "disappear" I know it'll be within 12 hours.
I hope you have a good kidding season!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts