The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are buying part of the property next to us in order to expand our pastures. half of the new property is "pasture" BUT over half of that "pasture" it is very thick blackberry brambles... There is easily a full acre of them. That is the area that we are fencing off first. We figure that the goats (4 nubians.. and 2 llamas) will rid us of all of the brambles but I am concerned that they will overeat and hurt themselves (it still freaks me out that they can eat all of those thorns). They have never been exposed to the blackberry bushes before. Two of the girls are pregnant so I am super protective of them as well... but I don't want anyone to bloat or have issue.... and they are the type that will continue to eat hay no matter how much I put in there. How should I handle this? Just let them eat it all they want or limit their time in the new pasture?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can only imagine based off of what you're saying that I personally would take my time. I am in a somewhat similar situation, but the good thing is they're in little spurts and I'll be using portal electric fencing so I'll be able to pick and choose which ones they get access to.

I'm in a similar boat since I'm looking at bringing on some where I have plenty of places I want them to eat its just gonna take time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.