Too Many Red Angora Bucklings!

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Fibers' started by powderhooves, May 2, 2009.

1. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I've either been blessed or cursed with an abundance of red angora bucklings this year. I have 7 of the little guys so far. When Cinnamon was born I was absolutely delighted. When the 6th one came I just shook my head. When the 7th one was born I was just grateful his twin was a little red doeling. If anyone is interested or knows anyone interested in buying one of these little guys let me know. PLEEEEASE! I tagged all the little ones today. I was so afraid I'd get them all mixed up. I found one escapee in the barn today and shooed him in with his mother only to look back and see she already had two with her! That was a close call.

I thought about wethering and keeping all of them but reality set in and I don't have room for all of them in my barns. Would have been nice to have all that exquisite fiber to process into roving. Of course I have a market for all my white fleeces and only got one little white buckling this year.

2. sgian

sgian New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    missouri
    We had mostly red bucklings born this year too, although some are fading to silver.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I do know that people pay a good price for a good red Angora goat.

Becky have you posted pictures of your babies yet? I am sure everyone here will fall in love with them, I mean how can you not? Correct?