The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a 2day trip and I had my son feed the goats. Well he fed them right but he accidentally fed them calf mana instead of their feed!! He doesn't know about goats so not his fault. I should've showed him the right feed! Anyway I wanted to know if it will hurt them if they overfeed on calf mana! Their bellies are big! I hope this don't mess them up. Any advice or suggestions on this? Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think my biggest concern would be the change in feed giving them scours or otherwise upsetting their gut and disrupting their rumen. I would give them some probiotics and cut their feed back, just plenty of hay to keep long fiber in their bellies while they get balanced back out from the sudden change and then slowly start them back on their usual feed. I'm not sure what other issues they could have because of it, and i can't promise that is the best way to handle it, but that is what *I* would do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your advice. I just went out and checked on them and they seem like it didn't bother them at all and their bellies have went down. Poop is fine too, so I guess was worried about nothing! :p

·
2,180 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it either. It's rich but unless fed for a prolonged period of time, it shouldn't affecr them.

·
Goat Feeder
1,416 Posts
I was out of town this weekend and I had 15 goats break into some feed. They ate about 25lbs of Supercharge, which is pretty much the same as calf manna. They are fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.