Too much RAIN....

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by samall, Oct 14, 2007.

1. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    We got an inch overnight last night and our pastures are already flooding again. It's been raining off & on all day and we aren't supposed to have a day without rain until the 23rd! I wish this rain would move off to some of the places that need it!

2. cartref

cartref New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Can you send it my way Pleeeeaaasssseeeee I need more rain and warn sunshine to make the grass grow or I won't be able to cut hay.

3. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    well looks like we were going to get some of that rain but nope nothin nada here but maybe a sprinkle...We got the flooding earlier this year and I know what you are saying...its like a bad rash that you think wont go away but eventually it will dry up again...it did here and now we are dry and crispy in some places...

4. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    If you would please to point the rain clouds in the direction of the south, we need it bad.

5. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    I think we have more than enough for all three of you lately. We were dry in June/July/August but it's making up for it now. Would love to send some your way....we could really use some sun here!

6. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Well I guess it came my way after all it started raining last nite around midnight but it wasnt so bad here ...We needed some too but not as bad as some around here...

7. BoerzNest

BoerzNest New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Butler, PA
    My DH is in Iowa visting and planned to help with harvest, I just talked to him they are going to watch TV (yeah, couldn't have done that in PA), if it keeps raining they will have to help fill sand bags for the town.

Guess he isn't going to get farming out of his system while he is there. It has been beautiful and sunny here for the last few days, I'm getting some things accomplished in the barn.

Can't wait till he's home. By the time he comes the rain will follow, I'm sure.

8. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Glad you did end up getting some Chaty.

boerznest - Yes, there is lots of flooding in the state and the harvest is at a standstill in a lot of areas. We got another half inch today and it's raining again now. We might get a peek at the sun on Wednesday afternoon and then the rains are supposed to move back in Wednesday evening. Hope your husband doesn't come home thinking Iowa is always this dreary and wet! Most years we have some fall rains but nothing like this. At least he isn't being overworked!!

9. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I don't know if the storms make it as far as Iowa but one after another is marching inland from the Pacific coast. Lots of rain for a day or two then a day off then the same again. It's supposed to stop around Friday for a week.
    This is our normal rainy season pattern but a month early this year. Maybe it will stop early too????!!!

10. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    I don't know if it comes that far either....but I certainly do hope it stops soon! Maybe we should just blame California for all our bad weather! haha