The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goat have some flaky skin which some you suggested they might be zinc deficient, can they have too much zinc I feed some sunflower seeds which have zinc in them “ I think “
And I just picked up some human zinc pills two days ago and I’m going to give them one a day for a week and then one once per week . How long should I give them zinc? 1 month?, 2 month ?or less than one month??? Or more than 2 months?

Thoughts

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I give one of my does a human zinc three times the first week then go to once a week since she eats a lot of loose minerals. You might start there and see how she’s doing in a month and adjust accordingly.
She’s my problem child and needs more than my others. She’s only bad in the fall and spring as she’s growing or losing her winter cashmere.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I give one of my does a human zinc three times the first week then go to once a week since she eats a lot of loose minerals. You might start there and see how she's doing in a month and adjust accordingly.
She's my problem child and needs more than my others. She's only bad in the fall and spring as she's growing or losing her winter cashmere.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts