The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new buck is too thin for me. I have wormed with Safe guard. He is a 5 m old nubian. I clipped him tonight to get a better view. He is on noble goat and alfalfa pellets now. I have had him only a week.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
58,901 Posts
I would start with having a fecal done to include coccidia. Safeguard only gets tapeworms and pinworms. I wouldn't worm with anything else until you know what you are dealing with.

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
yep..hes a bit thin....I agree karen..have a full fecal done including cocci..then you will know if you need to treat...and with what...
I would also make sure he had hay 24/7...all he wants...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I am taking my daughters wether in Thursday for a CVI, so I will get a fecal then. Can I just take his berries or does he need to go?

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Fecal is a good idea, he may have also had lice which clipping him should help take care of that. Lice can literally suck the life out of a goat. Do you know what he was being fed before you got him? Does he like the Noble goat feed? I would gradually work him up to being on the Noble Goat free choice as well as the alfalfa pellets.

When you take the fecal in be sure to tell the vet that you already wormed him with Safeguard, when you wormed him and how much you gave him. How do his eyelids look?

How much does he weigh now?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts