The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 month old boar who got her mouth slammed in my car door a few weeks ago. She lost one incisor (on the right side) and the tooth next to it got slightly displaced. Her eating and energy are just fine and I check her teeth regularly.... just in case.
Today I noticed a greenish blister-like on the left side of her gum. The incisors above the blister are fine but I am wondering if those teeth could have gotten damaged by the car door too and the root died. But why is it showing up after all these weeks? Or could she have a splinter or thorn stuck in the gum causing infection?
I do plan to take her in first thing on Monday but was wondering if anyone can give me advice in the mean while. Also, should I start pencilin just in case?

·
Super Moderator
58,860 Posts
Welcome to TGS! I moved you over to Health & Wellness so you get more people looking at it.

Is there any way to get a picture? Does she have a temp?

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
welcom to goat spot, a fun place to hang out : )

I would get a temp before beginning antibiotics..if you push around it..does she react? could be a blister from the damage..some irritation...I would def. have a vet look at her since there could be a lot going on that you can see due to the accident..for insteance: if a piece of tooth chipped off and got lodged..that could get infected and fester...do keep us posted on how she is doing...Best wishes

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am so embarrassed ! After reading your replies, I rushed to the barn with my son and a camera to take pictures. I took her temp (which was just 100.0) but while I was trying to get her to sit still for the picture my son noticed that the "blister" was not attached to the gum. You could push it up and down with your finger. So he encouraged me to pull it off which I did... reluctantly. Turns out it was just some sort of gunk stuck in her teeth (possibly wool from the sheep). I am quite embarrassed but I am so glad it was just a matter of "flossing".
Thank you all so much for your advice. I will certainly keep it in mind should I have real issues with their teeth.
I am attaching the picture where you can see the tooth I broke with the car door and the one next to it which was displaced. And then THE "BLISTER" - :)

Attachments

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
lol...wellIm glad its nothing a bit of floss couldnt help lol...better safe than sorry : ) and we got to meet you :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts