The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm sounds like alot! my buckling im giving this to is an estimated 40 lbs. ill get a weight on him tomorrow. so that would be about 8 cc? ** dumb question** Given orally or in a shot?

·
Super Moderator
14,801 Posts
Yes it would be 8cc If he is 40 pounds. It is a pretty safe drug so even if he weighs 42 pounds I would round up another cc. Never under dose. Yes it does seem like a lot lol but so worth not having to do it every day for 5 days. It will be orally. Unless something has the rubber thing on the top to push the needle threw it is not meant to be given in as a shot.

·
Registered
755 Posts
hmm sounds like alot! my buckling im giving this to is an estimated 40 lbs.
I just dosed an 89 lb buck! Talk about a lot! I used the 1cc per 5 lbs dose as well. It's a lot, but they don't seem to totally hate it. And like Jessica said, definitely worth it to not have to dose daily for 5 days. Now to wait until I can have a follow-up fecal done to see the results!

·
14,730 Posts
Yikes, this is one I haven't had to try yet... None of our goats are under 100lbs, I can't imagine dosing 1cc per 5lbs lol.
I will say that I don't mind the 5 day treatments with CoRid and/or Sulfadimethoxine. I do notice ours take CoRid better than Sulfameds though as far as protesting, spitting, sputtering and trying to make me wear it!

·
Super Moderator
14,801 Posts
Oh my gosh I HATE the 5 day treatment! The first day they are so easy to catch, the second day they are thinking about yesterday and me trying to poison them, after that they see me and run as fast as they can. With this especially using as a prevention they usually forget how mean I was to them when it’s time to give it again. But yeah when it’s a big animal that’s when it seems like you are just tubing it down them. Luckily I’ve only ever had to give it to a few that needed treating not just a kid as a prevention

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so it has been done! he was 39 lbs so i went ahead with 8 cc... he was NOT happy! spitting, coughing, sneezing, snorting! it was pretty funny actually! but it has been done! thanks for all the help yall!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts