Totally MOTIVATED!!!! Thanks Hoosier Shadow!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mommaB, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Ok, so I saw the post on Hoosier Shadow's pallet barn, so I started doing some research!
    This is one of the many designs I found. I am going to try to design my own.
    http://www.tinypallethouse.com/2008/09/ ... llet-shed/

I have been dreaming of a new barn :love:, and though it won't be state of the art, it will be recycled materials, and built to my specifications!!! Already started collecting pallets, and we'll see what else I can scavenge from hubby's contractor friends! :p
    I really hope this works. If all goes well we will start consruction in the spring!!!

Thanks for the insperation Hoosier!! :hi5:

2. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Yea thanks....I foresee lots of time up on the mtn Tisie...good friends, good food, good tunes, good goats.....luvs ya

3. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    That's a great looking large shed... Good luck and keep us posted as you go... I may have to try this out myself!

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Awww thanks I am so glad I could help! And I love that design! And it saves sooooo much $$$ and like my husband said, save some trees by recycling LOL!!! I bet with all your friends you'll be able to find lots of scrap wood that can be used! Congrats and definitely post your progress! :)

5. Myakkagoater

Myakkagoater New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    WHere we are renting now our landlord is a demolition contractor. He has all kinds of nice recyclyable stuff out back. Make good use of as much stuff as possible. Because everything you buy is a negative mark on the balance sheet. KEEP ON RECYCLING.....

GL
    Tom

6. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I couldn't agree more!

You can take pallets apart to make things, etc. I think Sweetgoats even posted she took scrap wood and pallets apart and made her hay racks <over in the barnyard section>. I plan on doing the same thing with hay racks once we get our addition finished. There is soooo much you can do!

Oh, and the pallet fence, I have been debating on doing this for my buck so I can take down the fence we have up and use it somewhere else. He clims on the fence, and right now I have chicken wire attached to the top making it taller, and fixed it so he can't get out or bend the fence. But eventually I want something stronger. So our next big project may be making a pallet fence for his pen.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I love it...thanks for sharing.... :greengrin: :thumb: