The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
We could have breed specific baby threads...it might help folks decide what's right for them or just learn about the breed more....
Plus it'll mean more baby pictures for us to drool over ;)
That'd be a great idea!
Maybe a breed specific kidding Talley as well.
I like the idea of more baby pictures.
But why is gestation 5 months?!? Hatching chicken eggs is a much more manageable wait, but do they compare to goats?

·
Super Moderator
82,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We could have breed specific baby threads...it might help folks decide what's right for them or just learn about the breed more....
Plus it'll mean more baby pictures for us to drool over ;)
Not sure if we can add something like that, we already have many threads now. ;)
Good thought though. ;)

·
Super Moderator
82,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How they all are so big,. Healthy. So uniform in muscle mass to frame. You did have a couple with longer necks. But oh my goodness your hip . Buttocks and shoulders are already thick & defined. Do I need to go on?
Thank you so much for all the nice compliments.

It is Genetics and good care. :) ;)

My newest buck Blaze added all that, plus my other buck has good mass as well.

Blaze is my dapple buck and Electro is the paint.
Pics attached
BlaziroundControlgr.jpg
electrogsgsg.jpg
when they were 3 months old, you can see the same power there. ;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Pam you said it very well! Genetics and good care......that is really where it all goes back to. I could say a lot about that....but I will refrain. =) So where does your BLAZE and ELECTRO get their genes from? I am considering bringing a buck into our herd...then selling after a few years. But I don't know how easy it is to sell bucks?? I know we have sold bucklings but a grown buck I am not sure about how easy it is to sell them? Sorry I know this thread is about babies. Just thought I'd ask about the genetics piece of your bucks and why maybe you chose those genetics? This is all sorta new to me as I would never have considered a buck before. You have beautiful babies this year! Best of luck to your farm!!

·
Super Moderator
82,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok..I cant really talk right now..to busy drooling over Blaze:hubbahubba:. He is huge!!!!
He has always been a looker. ;) I drooled too, when I first seen him. :)

·
Super Moderator
82,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Pam you said it very well! Genetics and good care......that is really where it all goes back to. I could say a lot about that....but I will refrain. =) So where does your BLAZE and ELECTRO get their genes from? I am considering bringing a buck into our herd...then selling after a few years. But I don't know how easy it is to sell bucks?? I know we have sold bucklings but a grown buck I am not sure about how easy it is to sell them? Sorry I know this thread is about babies. Just thought I'd ask about the genetics piece of your bucks and why maybe you chose those genetics? This is all sorta new to me as I would never have considered a buck before. You have beautiful babies this year! Best of luck to your farm!!
I messaged you. ;)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts