Toy for Christmas

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Dec 20, 2007.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok - SO I wanted to share this -

At my work I organized the Christmas party for our staff, and is what we did was a potluck - but also we filled out a small survey about ourselves, and who ever drew our name had to get a gift that represented us. The toys were wrapped for us. We got to open them, and then we dontate them to toys for tots!

Anyway - I GOT A GOAT stuffed animal. I was so happy! I didn't want to put it in the box for toys for tots though! It was so soft and so cute! How would they possibly know - LOL!

So here is a pic of me and the goat stuffed toy!

Enjoy!

2. eliya

eliya New Member

AWW, how sweet! That is the largest stuffed goat I have ever seen.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok so maybe it is a sheep - but I want to think it is a goatie! LOL!

4. eliya

eliya New Member

Well, it looks to me like it could be a goat! Maybe an angora!

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That was cool :) Pretty stuffed goat(or, since it is a sheep, and you wish it was a goat, you could call it a geep :D) lol :wink:

6. eliya

eliya New Member

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    it is so cute though!! Glad you donated it to toys for tots...

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I was thinking "that is one funny looking 'goat'" ROTFL

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Allison, I think that kind of gift exchange is WONDERFUL. Did you decide on that also. I have never heard of that but what a great idea.
    What a big heart you have.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    It is actually something that they have done here for a couple years. This year they were talking about doing a drive for things for the women's shelter, but I pushed for the Toys for Tots.

A few years ago, my husband and I were in a bad way. We had custody of his two children, paying child support for the two that lived with us, plus child support for mine that do not live with us (long story) - anyway, my husband's business was not doing good, I was out of work, and going to school and I had just had a huge medical issue happen. We were going to have our electricity turned off the day before Christmas, and we were scared.

Well, with the help of the community, we were able to have a christmas for the children and were able to keep our electricty on. (we had oil heat and could not even afford the oil, as that was when oil prices skyrocketed almost overnight)

Anyway, this is my way of giving back to the community that once helped us in our time of need.

I now have an AA degree - working on a bachelor's, work in a wonderful place with great medical benefits, and my husband's business has bounced back.

It is amazing what happens in just a few years - or what can happen when things go wrong so quickly.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You are a very kindhearted concientious person, IMO, I too know what it's like to have to live paycheck to paycheck, while growing up and more recently with hubbys illness doing havoc with his work. When you've "been there" it makes a world of difference to someone who "is there".

12. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That's something I do miss about work- we used to do shopping for a family that the Salvation Army signed up- they sent clothing sizes and info on children's interest and needs, etc and we would go shopping for the family- getting clothes, toys and food - and deliver it before Christmas. It was great fun- to shop for someone you didn't know.