toying with moving

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sparks879, May 29, 2009.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Hey guys, i have been a little absent lately, been really busy with the weather getting nice. I finally found a car and was approved for my loan. I hopefully get to go pick it up next week.
    Anywho, im toying with the ide of moving this summer. I have been at my job for fifteen months now working fourty hours a week and havnt so much as been offered a raise or benifits. Bt the men there are gettin benifits after ninety days. I feel like i getting a crappy end of a deal here. I have been talking to Christy, who is the lady that has all my goats right now. And she could actually use some help on the farm, her husband is a long haul truck driver and rarely home. We talked to him about the idea of me renting a room and he said it sure would take some worry off of him knowing christy and her four kids have someone else there helping out. I have sorta started looking for jobs out there, I found a cow dairy thats hireing, starting at ten dollars an hour which is more then i make now. And the cost of living seems to be cheaper there. And i could be with my goats. who im realizing i miss way too much. I dont know how i have gone the nine months without them.
    Of course there are cons to the whole situation....jobs and all of that. At least here i do have a fourty hours a week job that i have established myself at. And then of course there is my horse that i lease. he and i have formed a bond that i have never felt before with a horse. I know the lady that owns him would let me buy him but i dont know if i could find a trailer to haul him to idaho, plus the cost of taking him over there. I cant stand the thought of leaving him though.
    But i feel like there is so much more for me there. While we were there last summer i checked out the boise state campus and i really liked it. Its a half an hour drive from christys. and then there is the treasure valley cc that i could attend for awhile. I just feel like im ata dead end job right now that is not taking me anywhere. I want to do more, want to be more.
    Ok im done. i just needed to talk to someone and i knew all you guys would understand, maybe even been in the situtation.
    thanks for listening!
    beth

2. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Hey Beth.......I feel for you right now. My daughter that is 26 and also lives out there (Yelm) is going through a lot of what you are. She is also trying to make some big life changing choices, like maybe moving here to be near us and starting over. She loss her job out there, due to cut backs. Anyhow, I will tell you what I told her........everything happens for a reason, listen to that little voice inside you and go with your gut. I had someone tell me a several years back (I was going through a divorce and big life changes) that life is full of changes and changes are good for us..... They make us stronger. Boy did I make some changes.....remarried and left Texas (Dallas) 5yrs ago, where I had lived my entire life in the big city and moved to a farm in rural Indiana and I have never been happier! It was scary at first.....but it did not take long to find my place here and I love it!
    Hang in there and everything will work out for you :hug: , Denise

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    looking from the outside in:

Take the opportunity! If i had one I would do just that!!! As to the horse - dont say you cant do it, explore the options and maybe if you cant afford to transport him now, purchase him and see if you can loan him back to her on a free lease (so you dont have to pay for board ;) ) and save up to pay to ship him to you........its all about exploring your options.

Working at a dairy sounds cool, $10.00/h SWEET! of course no job is a certainty but It is an opportunity that is open to investigate.

I am pursuing another class and it is over an hour away 1 way ..... grrr a half our would be so much nicer!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I say talk to your heart, and of course the Lord and see where you end up.

I hope you the best whatever you do. It sounds like a great opportunity with Christy. I will pray the the lord will talk to you and direct you in the right direction. :pray:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I will pray .....that things work out for you..... :pray:

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I understand completely. My whole family is in Oregon again. When I moved, my family was in So. Cal, only 8 hrs. away. I could still spend the weekend with them. Now it is a 2 day trip. I miss them so much, and I miss the trees! It seems everything I miss is so far away.

But I love my house, and I like my set-up here. It would be so hard to move all of our animals. So I am waiting for the older ones to die off. The trip would be too hard on them I think. But oh, how my heart aches!

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Follow your heart and good things will come. :wink:

8. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Beth it sounds like a GREAT oppurtunity! It also sounds like you're ready...though possibly leaving your horse behind...nothing comes without a price but like others have said, follow your gut, follow your heart.
    On one hand I dont know how you could leave Whidbey...I had to leave Lummi..but on the other there's a whole big world out thar! :hug:

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I love it here Nanct, its beautiful. I grew up here. My faimly and friends are here. But its a tourist neighborhood. A lot of military and retired folks, and not a lot of jobs. I was lucky to keep my fourty hours aweek through the winter it was definatly a blessing. I just keep finding myself wanting more. There is still lots of discussing to do ith myself. I keep trying to follow my gut intuition but then my head comes up with a reason i shouldnt move. Who knows. I juat have to keep thinking i guess.
    beth

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Maybe stay where you are and save up to buy elsewhere? Or, maybe you can find a nice peice of land with a house, rent it out to someone for a while until you are ready to move there. There are all sorts of new programs for first time home buyers.