The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if there's any particular trick to tracking down offspring from specific does...
Specifically from does born in 1989... :/
The does are registered and from well known lines, I'm just not sure how to find any distantly related decent bred kids.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to look at the ADGA website again then.
I have no problem finding the herd and the specific does I would like to track down offspring from, just haven't figured out the searching part. :(
Thanks for pointing me back in the right direction :)-

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
The genetics search is not on their normal site, at least I think its not. Here is the site you need to be on to search for the buck or doe, after you find the one you're looking for, click their name and their should be a link on the left hand side of the page that you can click and it will say "Progeny"
http://adgagenetics.org/Default.aspx

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh... Thank you.
I kept missing the "progeny" link itself!
This pedigree database is spectacular.

Another question, if an animal is purebred but there is a blank where the sire's dam should be, what does that mean??

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
It might mean that their records dont go back that far. And I do believe it was an open registry when they opened, so it may also mean that particular goat with blank areas was registered at that time, without any record of their dam and sire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts