Tragic floods Australia

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by toth boer goats, Jan 11, 2011.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Has anyone seen the news...about Australia...it is so devastating to the people in Australia....I am sorry ....that it is happening.... with all the flooding...I am concerned about families there....... I am praying for all the people ....and hope our moderator Keren and her family ...as well as Gumtree...and all from there... are OK........ :hug: :pray:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/06/world ... ralia.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/1 ... ml#s222034

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2011 ... ge.02.html

2. nublynn

nublynn New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    yes I saw that on the news as well ... it's awful what has happened down there.
    there's so much change that is going on :chin:

3. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Oh my! I hope they are able to get this under control and nobody else gets hurt!

Did you see the parts about the snakes and crocodiles?! YIKES!

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I only got a chance to glance at this before I went to bed last night, but WOW :( I hope it gets better for them ASAP. When I was a kid we had a place right on the river, and it flooded a lot and was so terrifying. I couldn't imagine what these people are going through, so very heartbreaking :(

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yeah... that would be bad in itself....scary all the way around.... :(

6. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    Hey sorry I missed this topic, I haven't been on here a lot,

thanks for the thoughts & prayers,

We are ok here, as we are in a hilly spot & if we get flooded well pity help the rest of the country, I don't think there'd be much out of water :roll:

the floods in Queensland have settled down now & it isn't raining at the moment so that is a relief!!!! I'm not real sure on the rest of the states but I think it's improving there are well.
    A lot of damage of course, some people have lost almost everything including family.
    the clean up has been & is huge, but a lot of people have got in and given a hand one day in brisbane (a main queensland city) the volunteers were well in the the thousands!

if you'r interested, check this link & have a look through the photos, http://www.facebook.com/QueenslandPolice

Keren is ok as well,
    any other questions go ahead & ask, :)

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh thank God ....your all are OK... :hug: I was getting pretty worried ...cause we haven't heard from you or Keren in forever.... thank you so much... for letting us know.... we needed that ...well ..at least I know I did.... :wink: :hi5:

Your very welcome ...prayers for you guys anytime.... :thumb: :pray:

You are so lucky... to be in a hilly area..... thank goodness for high places... :dance:

I hope it stops flooding....and the water level goes down quickly...glad it isn't as bad... as it was........ with the water levels.... at least they have a chance to go down.....

It is sad....for the ones lost.... it breaks my heart... :( It is going to take a very long time.....for alot of families... to get back on their feet.....

It is great to hear... of all the volunteers.... miracle workers in themselves........ :wink:

Hey ...thanks for the link.....it was appreciated... :thumb:

If you see or hear from Keren...tell her to please check in....we love to hear from her as well..... :hi5: :hug:

How are the snakes and critters there....now that the water is so high....is there an over abundance of them now... in the water....?

I can imagine... that alot of wild life and farm animals... must of perished as well?

Thank you so much Shirrelle...at least I know.... that you guys are OK..... :grouphug: