The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
28,463 Posts
Some are just very strong willed lol! I had one, that at two years old.. Still pitched a fit and screamed her head off when I tried to lead her.. She was never shown lol! But like said above, practice and patients :)
When I have one that one stand still and set up.. I I work with that a lot, I will work on then just standing still, I touch their legs and such, but I don't worry about setting then up, just standing still. Once I get them standing nicely and they stand while I play with their legs I work on setting them up. I all depends on the goat still.. I have some that once you set them up they don't move until I tell them to... Others.. Don't stay set up and squirm while am showing them so I am constantly setting them up in the ring.. (Frosty got to see that with Puffy at our last show lol!) so, just lots of hard work :) they don't have to be an angle to win a breed class ;) I have seen goats that have to be dragged across the ring win their class ;) Good luck!

Frosty, what one is giving you trouble?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.