The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please advise! First I have two does and a buck. I also have three kids. They’re all in the same enclosure, fenced in on about 2.5 acres.I want to milk my 2nd freshener, but she’s sliding if the milk stand, which I have on the outside of their enclosure. How can I train her? I’m whooped by the time I wrestle her up. Please help! Thank you!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Are you feeding her on the milk stand? Most people give them their grain while they're being milked. It gives them something to do.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Please advise! First I have two does and a buck. I also have three kids. They're all in the same enclosure, fenced in on about 2.5 acres.I want to milk my 2nd freshener, but she's sliding if the milk stand, which I have on the outside of their enclosure. How can I train her? I'm whooped by the time I wrestle her up. Please help! Thank you!
Is she sliding because of traction? If so. Home improvement stores sell a gripper tape. It feels like sandpaper but stickies down.

·
Registered
30,576 Posts
Hum..i need that gripper tape . Older table is now super smooth...☺

Reactions: Nigerian dwarf goat

·
8,163 Posts
That tape works great on ramps and wooden deck steps, too!

Regarding your doe and the milkstand, I used to have a big heavy wooden stand. I had a doe that did everything she could to fall off it while I milked. I end up putting lightweight portable rails on either side, sort of like a cow squeeze chute. She figure out I was going to milk her, she could flail all she wanted, didn't matter.

Eventually, she learned manners!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts