The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a lovely new buck who is registered--I believe with the ANDDA. The previous owner signed the papers over to me, but I do not have a membership with any goat registry at this point, as I have only owned Nigora goats in the past which can't be registered.

Will I have to become a member of said association in order to transfer this goat's ownership into my name?

Thanks in advance!
Bess

·
Super Moderator
58,939 Posts
I would call the registry and ask them. I know ADGA and AGS will let you transfer registration but you pay a higher fee for being a non-member.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
No, you don't have to be a member to transfer a goat. However, the transfer fee is usually higher for non-members.

ANDDA is a breed club. You might be thinking of ADGA.org or NDGA.org They will have the fees on their website.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, you don't have to be a member to transfer a goat. However, the transfer fee is usually higher for non-members.

ANDDA is a breed club. You might be thinking of ADGA.org or NDGA.org They will have the fees on their website.
Oh yes, I was thinking the ADGA. ;) You can see that I am a novice concerning registries!

Thanks for the answers. I'll give them a call. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts