Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Jan 6, 2010.

  1. goatiegurl*Oh

    goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

    Nov 10, 2007
    From what I understand,to transfer,the old owner will need to sign the goats reg. papers and then I will send them in to ADGA and they will send me a new one in my name,is this correct? Do I need to get a service memo for the bred doe? I also plan to ask about their feed,past kiddings,and any shots needed. Anything else I'm missing?
  2. Sweet Gum Minis

    Sweet Gum Minis New Member

    Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    ADGA & NDGA animals have the transfers on their papers. Those should be filled out and signed by the breeder. If they just sign and date it, you just need to fill in your information. Send it with the right fee to the registry and yes they'll send you a new paper with you listed as the owner.

    As for breeding and bred does. Yes you will need a memo so make sure you get one. If the date is blank, leave it blank till she kids so you know when to put her as bred. Just make sure its filled out.

    I always deworm new goats we bring in and I would ask about their feeding routine so that she can be changed to yours slowly and easily.