Transport to and from NJ & MA Feb 26th to March 1st

Discussion in 'Transport Terminal' started by StaceyRosado, Feb 5, 2011.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have room on the way up and the way back.

Currently there is one buck going up and 2-3 does coming back.

I have separation crates and I put them all in the back of my pickup truck in my soon to be purchased cap.

Adult goats must be tested CAE, CL and Johnes negative and kids must be from tested negative parents.

Once I get my new cap ordered I can set the date in stone but my hope is sooner rather then later.

Transport cost for TGS members is $50.00 per goat with additional charges for picking up goats at other farms (will be at Phoenix Rising) or meeting you further south then my home.

May be willing to do a transport down to VA if enough people are interested! Additional charge for gas and time.

Contact me via email stacey.roop @ gmail.com (take out the spaces)

2. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Re: Transport to and from NJ and MA Feb or March

Just wondering how this works??? Is there an insurance policy? Or what?

Going up to Phoenix Rising in June(hopefully to get a couple doe kids) and was thinking about bringing our trailer and doing a shipping thing. So just wondering if there are papers to sign??

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

im just doing this personally so no I dont carry insurance other then my vehicle insurance. I do this as a favor for others who want to get goats that maybe a bit farther then they are willing to travel

4. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Thank you. :) My mom was worried that there was like an insurance policy. So, knowing that, may start asking around for people who may be interested in getting some of her goats. :) Maybe...

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Sounds good to me. ;)

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

it works if you know or are familiar enough with the individuals but if you want to make it a business then you will need insurance and the like

7. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Well no xD Not a business. lol But I do know a few breeders to and fro in TN and mid states between MA, so may ask around once I know we've got doelings on the ground from Runaround. :)

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Date is set! Leaving Feb 26th in the evening heading to MA

Will return on March the 1st to NJ