The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sold a milking goat and her doeling to a family in the Yukon. That is a LONG distance for her to travel. A 2 day trip. I would like to know the best way to transport them. The new owners want to bring a trailer with a wooden box built on it. They have not built the box yet and asked me how to do it. What size should it be, should it be totally enclosed or slates, etc. They plan on stopping often to let them out to stretch their legs and drink, etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The only advice I can offer its make sure the exhaust from the car will not be a problem

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
if the car is moving it wont be an issue.

Think of it like a horse trailer and have it solid with vents on the sides. Large enough for them to stand up in and turn around. To much bigger then that and they will get tossed around more easily

·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been talking with the new owners and they asked if 40" x 40" would be big enough?? It is tall enough just not sure if that would be wide enough. The goats are alpines, one is a small milking goat and her doeling that will be almost her size by Aug. which is when they are going.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Mostly short distances,but a friend hauled the 2large does from a few hours away ,and we hauled to my place to breed,they both had room to stand up ,or lay down and they could move around,these does are boer crosses much larger than my boer does,goodluck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts