The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I move a disbudded 7 month old alpine doeling in a 48inch dog kennel in the rear of my vehicle so she doesn’t jump in my lap? Is it big enough? Is the wire kind of kennel strong enough, or is the heavy duty plastic one with breathing holes better?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t. I’m traveling a long way to get these goats and it’s rural enough I can’t just zip over to the nearest pet shop and get something else. I’m might have to buy both and return one afterwards. Unless anyone else has another opinion?

·
Administrator
84,842 Posts
The crate at minimum would have to have enough room for the goat to stand up in a comfortable position and be able to turn around. Have pee per pads on the bottom to soak up urine, and change as needed. Top it off with comfortable and thick hay bedding.

A dog wire dog kennel would work as well if there is enough room in it I described above.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am as sure as I can be that it is big enough. My only concern is whether or not the goat could get out/harm themselves somehow in it. If a wire kennel is strong enough, we're all set!

Reactions: K.B.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I've used one for transporting a nigerian dwarf.. a couple times lol full grown adult, Alpines are bigger but I'd say it should be fine hopefully she does what mine did and just lay down!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts