The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year has really been a doozie with does not being able to kid without help. I have had 3 normal births with no assistance needed and then I have had 3 to have a terrible time kidding. Sunday night my nigerian doe Callie went into labor. I delivered the first one with no problem and then back legs came out and while I was trying to get her out, another baby started coming at the same time. I called my best friend (who is better than 95% of the vets) and she came over and actually managed to get them out. I took the one that came face first and worked with her and got her to breathe and then the last one that was breach had not had any oxygen for some time and she was not breathing but my friend did mouth to mouth and she actually brought her back to life. She was weak but I fed her colostrum out of a syringe for the first 12 hours until she was able to nurse by herself and now all 3 are fine and they are all girls! This is the 4th set of tripletts that I have had so far. I have 2 more to kid and I am so stressed out that they will have trouble that I am up every 2 hours all night long checking on them.

http://www.freewebs.com/scapegoatranch/

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
WOW, Great outcome. Beautiful babies.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm glad everybody is okay! They are adorable!! I have NEVER had triplets though. The doe I thought might, just had 1! :roll:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Congratulations! They're beautiful!!!! Glad you were able to get them out and alive.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Wow! Well here's a big cheer :leap: for your friend! Lucky you! Those are beautiful kids! And does! Just goes to show you shouldn't give up, I've brought back more then one puppy with mouth the mouth. I know it can work. Hope the rest go a little easier for you. Di

1 - 11 of 11 Posts