Traumatic birth but happy ending!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Fainters, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Fainters

Fainters New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Western KY
    This year has really been a doozie with does not being able to kid without help. I have had 3 normal births with no assistance needed and then I have had 3 to have a terrible time kidding. Sunday night my nigerian doe Callie went into labor. I delivered the first one with no problem and then back legs came out and while I was trying to get her out, another baby started coming at the same time. I called my best friend (who is better than 95% of the vets) and she came over and actually managed to get them out. I took the one that came face first and worked with her and got her to breathe and then the last one that was breach had not had any oxygen for some time and she was not breathing but my friend did mouth to mouth and she actually brought her back to life. She was weak but I fed her colostrum out of a syringe for the first 12 hours until she was able to nurse by herself and now all 3 are fine and they are all girls! This is the 4th set of tripletts that I have had so far. I have 2 more to kid and I am so stressed out that they will have trouble that I am up every 2 hours all night long checking on them.

http://www.freewebs.com/scapegoatranch/

2. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Wow glad everything worked out. Congrats on all girls they're beautiful. Shelly

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    seems like a triplet year! wow

Congratulations :leap: :girl: :girl: :girl: beautiful girls

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, Great outcome. Beautiful babies.

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That was good work. That doe is exceptionally beautiful as are the babies. Congratulations.

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'm glad everybody is okay! They are adorable!! I have NEVER had triplets though. The doe I thought might, just had 1! :roll:

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations! They're beautiful!!!! Glad you were able to get them out and alive.

8. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Congratulation's they are beautiful babies.

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Wow! Well here's a big cheer :leap: for your friend! Lucky you! Those are beautiful kids! And does! Just goes to show you shouldn't give up, I've brought back more then one puppy with mouth the mouth. I know it can work. Hope the rest go a little easier for you. Di

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I should have said "triplet year here on TGS" seems like everyone is having triplets!

11. gerald77

gerald77 New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    oklahoma
    they are soooo pretty! congrats on the babies. hope things go easier for ya. :pray:

kristin