The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first i thought one of my goats just had a cyst underneath his chin which i put questions about on previous posts, then i noticed another I've of my goats is started to get it in the vary same place, no amount of medicine helps this goats cough and i read that coughing is a sign of C.L i gave it 2cc of baytril and it weighs 45pnds.....i now almost have no doubts its c.l, so how do u treat it?

My goats symptoms are shortness of breath, coughing, green runny nose but it eats and plays all the time.

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
not sure about the lumps but the other symtpoms sound like puenomia
I would begin 5 day antibiotics and see how he feels...

as for the lump...if its right under the chin it can be CL or iodine defincency especially since you now have another with one inthe same location... Might see a vet to get confirmation, but give them some table idonized salt in their feeding see if it helps..also puting iodine on their tail web.....There is no cure or treatment for internal CL..an inffected Goat will cough ..he will be unthrifty, difficulting thriving...if he fits this discription a blood test might help clear up the doubt..

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
CL has no symptoms other than an abscess - usually under the ear, but can also appear on the shoulder, high on the hip, or under the jaw. 45 lbs sounds like a kid if he/she is a standard sized goat. How old is this kid? CL does not generally present before at least 6 months of age, and usually older than that. Shortness of breath, green snotty nose, and coughing sounds more like pneumonia to me than CL.

·
Registered
31,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
iodized salt is usually what you buy at the grocery store it will say iodized salt on the round box. the taiilweb is ideed the bare skin part of the tail

1 - 7 of 7 Posts