The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to town to get a fecal test.. but wondering what to use to treat if they do have coccidia.

I have it down to Dimethox and Albon, but I am not for sure what Dimethox is, so here is a link to what I found when I searched "Dimethox" on tractor supply

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/dmso-16-oz - I really don't think that is it.

·
Registered
30,639 Posts

·
Registered
30,639 Posts
tractor supply does carry Sulmet in tablet form...Ive never used it so cant say how well it works

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to buy some to keep but I will need to get something today to treat them with, if that is what she has... Has any one ever used Albon ? that is what my vet gives me.. pill form.

·
Registered
30,639 Posts
Dimethox and Albon is the same medication..Ive not used either one...but many have said they have good success with it..

to keep Cocci treatment on hand..I would order Baycox from horseprerace.com ..its a much better cocci treatment ..: )

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out she doesnt have cocci... what does every one like to keep on stock? And how long does it last.

·
Registered
30,639 Posts
Baycox is a good choice...horseprerace.com I order the 200ML bottle and treatment is 1 cc per 5# I do it once at three weeks then again in 10 days IF its needed....then only as needed
We just learned it needs to be in the frig after opening..:) I buy mine before kidding season so Im ready

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
Yes, that is fine. I dose at 1cc per 5 lbs on the first day and 1cc per 10 lbs days 2-5. But others dose at a higher dose. If your vet is a good goat vet, I would ask your vet what dosage for your area.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol My vet(s) are not goat vets at all... You guys are my goat vets! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts