treats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sparks879, Dec 26, 2007.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

So one of my does Chrome has a new favorite treat. I took a bag of stale frosted mini wheats down to the barn yesturday. No one in the house wanted them so i figured they would last a few weeks in the barn. Chrome has really taken a liking to them. I only give them each one a day and they are the little ones. About the size of half my thumb. Chrome about takes my hand off when i give her hers. and is always looking for more. I gave little bit one after chrome and chrome was trying to pry it out of little bits mouth. It was really quite entertaining. So now everytime i go down to the barn chrome is expecting a miniwheat. Its funny becasue chrome is not the most friendly goat i have but she will practically climb me when i get treats out. I guess its a great way to make a friend out of her.
    Does anyone else have goats that really like any particular treats? My first doe harmony really liked sour gummy worms and purple popsicles.
    beth

2. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    My doe, Dixie, expects - no - DEMANDS a vanilla wafer after each and every milking.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    lol my goats like those frosted mini wheats too :D But they will do absolutely ANYTHING for a carrot, they LOVE carrots. Everytime I go in there with carrots even the adult goats will jump on me and knock me down :lol:

4. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    LOL that's too funny :lol: I also got a laugh out of the sour gummy worms!

My boys will jump over the moon for a peppermint... the big, puffy kind like they give at Chinese resturauntes, only bigger. When they hear those wrappers crinkling, they just about go crazy!

5. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    My goats are CRAZY for dried Banana Chips :). The adults will jump on me, too. It is quite painful lol! But they love them. I also discovered the other day that my Miss Piggy LOVES oatmeal. She took huge gulps of it.
    But then again, she will eat anything, sooo... :D.

6. butterscotchfarm

butterscotchfarm New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    All my goats love that Golden Graham cereal. They eat about 10 a second! :D

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I give my goats several different things. I have fed animals cookies, cereal, and bread. Some of mine tear them up and others won't toouch them.

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

too funny! I guess everyone has different tastes. I don't know what it was about the sour gummy worms that harmony liked so much. It really was any sour gummy candy. I have had goats that just won;t touch anything "weird"
    My neighbor who also has alpines has a buck that likes chili peppers right off the vine. We jokingly offered him one day when we were out in the garden thinking he wouldn;t take it. But he gobbled it up and was looking for more. when they started growing through the fence they started disapearing. Tobasco was the likely suspect.
    beth

9. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Nica likes skittles. She only gets 3 to 4 every so often. She gets carrots to. She loves the carrots. :D

10. cougcowgirl

cougcowgirl Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Yakima, WA
    my goats all loved to share my Dr. Pepper

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

LOL they must like the caffeine or something! I had a f=doe a month or so ago that got really sick and she couldn't hold her body temperature so i gave her a couple suryniges full of coffee to help her warm up. I left the bowl on the ground in the barn and turned around to give someone else grain or soemthing. I stood up and heard slurping behind me. I turned around to little bit helping herself to the rest of the coffee. I don't know if she liked the warmth or the flavor but she was sucking it down like a doe sucking down mollases water after kidding.
    beth

12. BethW

BethW New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Central VA
    My boys are so suspicious of anything new. I made them some lovely warm oatmeal last week and they sniffed at it and walked away. Two of them like apples and carrots but the other one won't touch them. Fritos are a big no, too. Go figure.

Raisins are a real hit, though. And I've just discovered roasted peanuts in the shell make them go into a frenzy. As soon as I walk in, they're all over me, sniffing and shoving their noses in my pocket. They look so silly chomping them down. :D

13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

LOL beth that reminded me. My goats love peanuts in or out of the shell. We had the big girls loose at a BBQ and we were eating peanuts. They loved them. They wouldn't leave us along. My my friend bryan thought he would trick them into just eating the shells. Well one time of that was enough. If there wasn;t a peanut in the shell they looked at us like we were crazy.
    beth

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My kids totally love my black licorice!! They will not touch a carrot and Bootsie will only eat a tomato if it came from my garden...no store bought ones for her! Tilly loves lemon lollipops and I found that Chief and Hank like green popsicles....it would be easier to list what they WON'T eat!!

15. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    My goat, Splash, likes only animal crackers. The other two eat just about anything.

16. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    All of mine love animal crackers & will go through every trick they know until you give them one. My youngest son made the mistake of going into the pen with the whole bag of animal crackers instead of just a handful.... he got ambushed....

They also dearly love horse treats & apple wafers, crackers (gotta be the Ritz crackers or wheat thins though, they won't touch the saltines). I can get them to dance on their hind feet & jump over my leg if it means a treat. They'll even take turns jumping over each other. It's a blast to watch, but over the second they realize you're out of treats.

17. BethW

BethW New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Central VA
    Ha! I tried that, too. They looked completely offended :lol: