The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Your list made me laugh! Fig newtons and chips, haha! I wonder if my goats would eat that stuff.
I use the fig newtons to copper bolus everyone. Open the cookie, dump the capsule on the fig put the cookie together slightly smoosh..feed cookie to goat 24 goats bolused in 10 minutes...easy peasy. No muss, no fuss.
The trick is occasionally taking the fig newtons out to them plain so they never see it coming.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
We have a thing called salty cracks here. Gizmo and Destiny push Chevani over to get to them. They both love vit C tablets. Bananas and apples. They loooooooovvvveeeee nartjies and oranges. They eat all veggies and fruit... except avo and pineaple. You have to try all things.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
My goats copy each other and take things in a competitive frenzy. If it comes from my hand, there is always a good chance it is good!
I don’t usually give my goats human food products except scoop chips for replamin. So, they are like the kids who grow up without knowing sugar. My goats all like fruit and veggies, but they didn’t when they were young. The kids that grew up here though, they copied the adults and liked them fom early on. Banana peels and crab apples are among the favourites. They also eat lemon and lime peels, if cut small enough.
In the colder months I give beet pulp pellets as treats. They looove them!

Reactions: Rlarsen

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Cheezits! Animal crackers, all kinds of fruits and veggies, tea, soda, beer, sandwiches. . . Basically, if we have it, they want it!
When my youngest little was 2 he went out the door with a handful of strawberries. He was going through the goat pen but stopped and licked each one before opening the gate! When I asked him why he explained that goats don't like spit so his strawberries were safe
That is very good observation on your 2 year old's part! Some of my goats don't like human spit either.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My goats WON'T eat any treats what so ever, not veggies, not fruit, and not even the little goat treats you but at the store there so picky. Is anyone else's goats like this or are mine just weird? And does anyone know any suggestions for picky goats?
Mine like grape leaves and apple leaves as treats. Not apples or grapes just leaves. Just not into 'goat' treats at all. They get a lot of sugar maple and oak branches too, so i figure if that makes 'em happy, makes it easy for me

·
Registered
3 Posts
My goats WON'T eat any treats what so ever, not veggies, not fruit, and not even the little goat treats you but at the store there so picky. Is anyone else's goats like this or are mine just weird? And does anyone know any suggestions for picky goats?
Some of my goats love raw carrots, and a few will eat an apple. The one food they all love is unsalted peanuts.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts