Tribute to a Beast

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by badnewsboers, Nov 10, 2008.

1. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    83 you were a beast, a huge masculine brute of a doe. You used to bully all the other goats. Heck, you'd try to overpower me too if I held the food bucket. When you were eating no one could hope to get a bite, except for your daughter Marsha. Only she was exempt from your tyranny. I'll admit I rejoiced when you were sold.

You were always such a fighter. I don't know how many times Ken told me the story of you being the sickliest doe he owned that ever lived. That time you had wasted down to nothing, so weak that you got your horns stuck in some branches and just hung there, too weak to get yourself loose. Yet you survived that, and became the robust, boisterous goat I knew.

So when your new owner emailed me today about you being sick I was surprised. 83 you were never sick in all the time I knew you. I called and tried to advise him on what to do but he didn't have many of the supplies. But the vet was coming in the afternoon so I thought you'd be fine. But he called a few hours later with the news of your death. I still can't quite believe you're gone. The Vet School will determine what brought you down in the end. In the meantime I am still in shock. Even if you were a beastly bully, I will miss you 83.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am sorry that your girl is no longer on this earth - :hug:

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    :hug: Sorry for your loss. :tears:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry you lost her :hug: It's never easy to hear of a loss when they are no longer "with you" :hug:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    So sorry you lost her. :hug:

6. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Thanks guys. I'm just sad because she was such a good doe. Not really pretty, but when you saw her you'd instantly think meat goat. And even if she made me mad, 83 was a character.

The man who bought her was really upset about the whole thing. he had three get sick right after another so he thinks they might have been poisoned. He moved all his goats to another place and hasn't had any other problems yet. We're still waiting on the autopsy results.