The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so most things I know how to diagnose and treat by now. But I have a doe that the vet nor I can figure out.
Monday night she started acting a little down so I took her to the vet on Tuesday she had a slight temperature and a slightly elevated hook worm count but her color is still good. We decided that the worms probably built up resistance to the ivermectin and started with panacure and a nuflor injection cause she had slight nasal discharge. On Wednesday she wasnt doing better so I gave her a b complex and cdt. Now, buy thursday she wouldn't stand at all so I went back and we tested urine for ketosis th8nking maybe pregnancy toximia... she is 8 weeks along max but known to have trips and quads. Found no ketones but there was some urine. Anywho, we started her on propelyn glycol and another nuflor injection. This morning we got her blood work back and liver enzymes are elevated along with low glucose levels and calcium deficiency but all that was supposedly likely caused by her in activity. I went and picked up some thiamin about an hour ago thinking maybe polio? It wouldn't show on the blood work they ran.

Normally, I would have called it by now but she's kinda the farm fave and still interested in food and although she won't drink on her own I drench her with water and she is happy about it. This is just strange...

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
58,887 Posts
What dosage did you use on the panacur and did you do it for 3 days in a row?

Nuflor is daily if you are treating for an upper respiratory infection.

I would definitely do b complex and probios daily for now.

You could also do a search on here for homemade electrolytes and offer her that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Panacure is given 5 days in a row here and the nuflor my vet uses is every 3-4 days so they say. I am just really bugged that I have no idea what this is!

·
Super Moderator
58,887 Posts
Homemade Electrolytes
A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix well and drench or let them drink it.

Did the vet check for coccidia including Eimeria Macusaniensis ( commonly called Emac )?

·
Registered
198 Posts
If it is enterotoxemia...you should use cd ANTITOXIN instead of cdTOXOID. I am no expert, but just lost one of my does from it. You stated a CDT shot in your description and wanted you to be aware of the difference.
Good luck and hope she gets better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts