Trimming Stand

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by alyssa_romine, Jan 4, 2008.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I got a trimming stand for Christmas and I absolutely love it!!!!! I had all but one goat in it today and I am taking it to my friends too some time to help her with her hoof trimming. I am so glad to have it because it makes things so much easier to do with the goats....it locks their heads in really good and they can barely move it....I got mine from Premier 1 Supplies....If you have the money to get one, I would...they are well worth their weight in gold!!!

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Is it similar to the stanchion used on a milk stand? If so then I totally agree that they are worth it! ESPECIALLY if you have the minis! lol.

3. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yes!! Stands are such a must. They make everything sooo much easier!
    We built mine out of wood, and it is kind of heavy. But it certainly does the job! I would like to get a smaller, metal, collapsible one to take to shows someday.

4. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That's great you got one!! I don't know what I'd do without mine :p

6. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    We got our wood one from the local amish for $54! We had it custom made and since then they have sold a bunch. I LOVE IT!!!!! I use it every day. It is my most beloved piece of goat equiptment, except when the chickens poo on it!

7. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I got mine in on Thursday of last week....I have had a total of about 20 goats on it...a huge Boer/Nubian that weighed about 250 lbs and some kids and my adults also....It was awesome!!!!!!!