Triplets and a prayer request

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Droopymole, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Droopymole

Droopymole New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    In my hole...
    Well, my doe FINALLY kidded! Triplets! Two bucks and a doe. Please pray for the doe, she got too cold last night, and she isn't in very good shape right now...please pray that she will warm back up, and will be able to eat. :) Thanks! I'll try to get pictures later.

~Droopy

2. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    Give her some warm water with molases in it!! Should help warm her up and give her some energy.
    Prayers coming for the doe and the kids!!!

3. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
    aww poor thing i hope she feels better soon..........

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    If she is really cold still I have heard you put them in a warm bath to get their body temp up, you make it as warn as you can stand and put her in there up to her chin, that should warm her up...... so I've heard.

5. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    If you haven't already done so i'd put a kid coat on her-or some sort of blanket.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Ricky you know I am praying.

Keep up the coffee and I just thought of sugar water too. Wait till she is warm enough to be able to receive milk.

you know to give me a call when you have more updates. :D

7. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I am sorry about the doe and hope she comes thru this well. I am praying for her and you.

8. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    congratulations on the babies, Ricky, and I hope the doe pulls through. Have you got a blanket on her? If she's cold, put a blanket on her and heap fresh straw on top.

9. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Congrats on the triplets. Karo syrup under the tongue works well for energy and some times easy to get in them. Wrap her in warm towels form the dryer and rub to stimulate her body. I would put a coat of some kind on her too. You can cut the sleeve of a sweat shirt used the cuff for the neck and cut leg holes. You can do the same thing with sweat pants. Hope she doing better. Shelly

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she isn't doing well, she is starting to have seizures.

any ideas on what he can do to bring her temp up and stop the seizures?

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm praying for this doe unfortunatly I only know whats already been posted.Is it the kid or mother.

12. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    it's the doeling kid. She's still hanging on in there. Temperature had gone up from 95.5 to 101 last time I heard. Still weak.

13. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    A quick way - like I said is to soak her in warm water. But you have to be careful and keep her out of the cold until she is FULLY dry.

14. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    I am not sure if this is absolutely correct but I remeber from GW some of the members use to say to warm up a goat. Use equals parts of Coffee, Whiskey, and Karo Syrup mixed together and use a syringe (minus the needle) and put it in the goats mouth. Hopefully this help and I am praying for the goats and you too.

15. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    you can make coats out of leg warmers they are great. i would take this baby in the house & get her warmed up as soon as i could. if you don't want to get her wet you can put her body in a plastic bag with her head out & put the bag in the warm water. also you can warm towels in the microwave. if you can get some warm colostrum in her that to will help. sorry i just now read this. prayers for her.

16. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    A heating pad will help too. I have used it during the winter when my doe kidded and it helped alot to get them warmed up with towels from the dryer also. I am not sure with the seizures but it sounds like maybe the brain is swelling due to lack of oxygen and maybe Dex would help? Dont know the dosage for a baby .... And she needs her colustrum soon too before its too late.

17. Droopymole

Droopymole New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    In my hole...
    Well, she didn't make it. Niether did the buck....thanks for the prayers y'all.

18. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Sorry to hear that. You gave it your all and sometimes no matter how hard we try they move on to greener pastures.

19. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I'm so sorry to hear that! :blue:

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh droopy I'm so sorry! **hugs** :hug: