Triplets! Quite the birth though...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by FarmGirl18, Mar 20, 2009.

1. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Well yesterday was quite the day to say the least. :) Checked on the does in the morning and found my biggest Boer doe was bagged up tight and having some slight contractions, I checked her frequently and then a few hours later moved her into the kidding stall. She was having really regular contractions and then around 3:00 she started pushing, she pushed some and was kind of up and down for a while. Time was passing and I was beginning to get worried that she was doing some pretty hard pushing with out presenting anything. So I lubed up and went in...apparently the kid was trying to come out chest first, head was back as well as both front legs, I managed to get one front leg worked into position but could not for the life of me get the head around. After trying for quite some time with no success I got on the phone with my vet and decided to take her in. Only problem was....I had no way to get her there. Thankfully we have amazing neighbors and they were up for a goat emergency we managed to get her in the back of their trooper and we headed to the vet.

Crissa was on her way out to visit, so I called her and she met me at the vet. We unloaded my doe and the vet got to work, it took him probably a full 15 minutes to get things straighten out and deliver the first kid, and it was alive!! Number 2 came out pretty easily, and then he checked to see if there was anymore and sure enough little number 3 popped out. 2 boys and a girl. I was thrilled that everybody was alive and well!! Back at the house Crissa and I got the little ones to nurse and then had a lot of fun playing around with the other kids and talking goats. :) They are all doing well, although it took them a bit longer to get going being pretty wore out from the difficult birth, and having some leg issues, but today they've all been up and walking.

I'll try to get some fluffy pictures tomorrow of the little cuties!!

Here they are just out of Mama.

[​IMG]

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Congratulations on the new babies. :stars: :stars:

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    It was definitely and eventful day! I'm still amazed at how resilient those little guys are! (especially that little girl) I'm sure glad that they're finally walking.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow congrats!! thats awesome that your neighbors helped out :leap: :thumb:

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Wow, tough birth indeed!! And a VERY busy exciting day. Glad everyone is doing good and that you got all the kids out alive. Very Lucky!

:dance: :girl: :boy: :boy: :dance:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats....beautiful babies and momma.....I am so glad... you were able to get them to the vet.... :hug: :greengrin:

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thanks all!! I couldn't believe how tough the little things were either Crissa. Pretty amazing seeing them come out of that alive.

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Congrats on the triplets!! That is quite the birth. . . you and your vet did a great job though!!

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the triplets! Glad that everything worked out!

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congrats on your live triplets! Glad it all went so well. It could have been much worse. Congratulations!!

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is awesome that first of all you have such wonderful neighbors. Here is to them :thumbup: because it sounds like without them things might not of been so good.

I am glad that Crissa was there and you had her to share that with her.

Did you get weights on them? They look pretty big.

12. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Congrats! :clap:

13. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thank you everybody!

Lori- no I haven't gotten weights on them, they're pretty good sized for triplets though.

Twin bucks born today, everything went great, those two guys are HUGE though!! They're almost as big as Reba's week old kids! Got some pictures, will post them later when I have some time. :)

14. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Congrats on the new kids! I'm so glad everything worked out so well after that rocky start.

15. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Cinder!

And now...pictures!! :)

Here's the first guy...

[​IMG]

And little sister, her head is so dark it's almost black, her ear tips were folded up a bit though.

[​IMG]

And then number 3...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the twins from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are so sweet and adorable...... :love: :love: :drool: :greengrin:

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I think that little girl is so beautiful. (even if she has folded ears) So any more babies yet? I need more Nubie baby pics! :wink:

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    OMG....Look at those little chunks! Adorable babies!

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    My goodness, They are huge. The ones born last on the LEft side of the picture, I thought he was the dad as big as he is.