The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe that I didn't have a date for finally popped last night! Two bucks, one that I had to pull. They got cold quick so we decided everyone needs to get inside, get everyone settled and tada! A little doe that was doing much better then the boys. I didn't think the boys were gonna make it through the night but amazingly they did! The biggest one that I had to pull still isn't standing but wanting to nurse. For my first kidding it was quite eventful but I am so happy! Anyone have any ideas what they are mixed with? Mom is a pygmy

ForumRunner_20131012_110348.jpg

ForumRunner_20131012_110454.jpg

ForumRunner_20131012_110507.jpg

ForumRunner_20131012_110537.jpg

Attachments

·
Crazy for Fainters
1,243 Posts
Oh how sweet! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! The largest baby still hasn't stood up on his own but nursing great and really trying to get up so I have hope for him :)

·
Registered
31,087 Posts
Look like nubian cross to me too...on the big guy..keep standing him up with your support...he needs to work his legs..if he falls, stand him up again..keep it up and he iwll stand in no time..:) A bitof Selenium vit E gel or BoSe might help as well..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone! The biggest one is standing now and the other two have been bouncing around and playing today, so freaking cute! I wasn't planning on keeping one but at this point I have become so attached to the big boy I think he will be staying, my plans of starting a registered herd is going down the drain lol!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Hey, you know, registered is great, but you have to go with your heart. Goats are a lot a work, you have to keep ones around that make the work worth it. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Sooo cute!! I agree on the Nubian mix as well. I can only imagine how big she was, having triplets that are part nubian :eek: When our pygmy had twin doelings, bred to a pygmy buck, she was still huge! :laugh:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scottyhorse she wasn't that big compared to other pygmys I've seen, I was betting on twins. Needless to say I was shocked when a third came out and she was a FF! Poor thing had to be traumatized! She is being such a good mom though :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts