The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Today was very productive, and my old doe, Pearl,is very excited (she is about 10 years old 馃槵)! She went into labor about three hours ago, and an hour ago she started pushing and having contractions. Pearl birthed me a beautiful little reddish white doeling, then she went into labor again. Pearl was huge, so I was definitely expecting more than one. She pushed out another girl, with my help, as since the kid had a hoof that was behind the other. Then, finally, to our excitement, she birthed another perfect little girl! And Pearl never has girls, so this was so exciting for me! I will post some pictures of her and the girls... sorry if they looks really muddy. Where I live, it is usually pretty wet. P.s. the reason why I am so excited about today is because Pearl usually has an incredibly hard time birthing, but this time she did amazing! 馃ゲ
Fawn Terrestrial animal Dog breed Livestock Goat

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, everyone! Pearl is being so good, except for the fact that three kids is just too much for her... I think she is rejecting the youngest one, but I expected she would. When I get a chance today, I will be posting the baby for sale and hopefully will sell the kid very soon. Pearl is just too old, and has never been very good with triplets, which is sad, but it鈥檚 just how it is with goats. Anyways, I have two more does that are due soon, and will have many more kids within a few days. I鈥檒l update and tell you about everything as the kids come. 馃挏

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm assuming you are going to bottle feed the one being rejected.
No... Pearl is doing a good job of feeding it, but I am still keeping a very watchful eye on all of them. Bottle feeding a goat takes a ton of work, and I don鈥檛 have time for that right now. 馃お If the doeling did need to be bottle fed, I would give her to someone who already offered to bottle feed any rejected kids. Pearl is just a little rough on that one particular kid...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.