Trouble/Sweetheart/Snow White - added new pics 2/27/11

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by HoosierShadow, Feb 24, 2011.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Trouble kidded at 5am on 2/23 a long legged, long bodied, narrow buckling with a big head :) Then about 15-20 minutes later she had a small doeling.
    Both seem to be doing great right now and are gaining strength. But I'll continue to check on them every couple of hours.

Then..........

Me and my oldest daughter went out to check on Trouble and the twins, I think it was close to 9pm. Sweetheart was in the stall next to Trouble, and I noticed her laying down by the door, getting up, looking through the cracks at us, then laying back down...except she was on her knees.
    So....I told my daughter I wanted to check on her.
    We went around and checked on her, and something inside told me to stay put and just observe her. Sweetheart was talking to her belly.
    Then suddenly after like 10 minutes she started to push....LOL

We were soooo caught off guard, you'd have thought we were crazy, running to get this and that LOL!!! We didn't have a light hooked up to the barn, so my kids were scrambling to get the light hooked up, while I am shining a lil flashlight watching her push out a bubble...
    I think my son ran into the house a dozen times always forgetting something each trip :laugh: It was..... hysterical.

Sweetheart had a hard time getting her doeling out. She has a wide head, and it took her what felt like nearly an hour to get her out. She was progressing well, so I wasn't worried.
    A short time later and less trouble, she delivered a buckling with a light colored brown/tan head - maybe even a blonde color :)
    Both kids are VERY vocal. OMG you pick up the buckling and he screams like someone is killing him! Silly baby! Mama is so great with her babies, I am very proud of her.

So it was a busy day!

Here's some pics. My daughter took most all of these with her camera.

My oldest daughter with Trouble and her doeling
    [​IMG]

Trouble with her doeling and the buckling on the other side of her
    [​IMG]

My 4yo immitating the baby LOL She calls him Rock Star.
    [​IMG]

Troubles buckling about 13 hours old
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yep he was wearing his food...LOL Mama has cleaned him up a little now which is what I was hoping she'd do
    [​IMG]

It's blurry but I thought it was funny...kinda speaks for itself :laugh:
    [​IMG]

Trouble's doeling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mini Trouble!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Sweetheart's twins

Doeling :)
    [​IMG]

Buckling
    [​IMG]

Take a look between his hind legs...LOL yes I was like....what the heck is that? It's his hair color ! :laugh:
    [​IMG]

I'll get more of Sweetheart's kids up tomorrow to share, and get some fluffy pics.

I have had one hour of sleep since Tues morning. I am sooo exhausted. Going out to check on everyone now, and hopefully all is well so I can get a few hours of sleep before I have to get the kids up for school!

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Re: Trouble and Sweethearts twins!

AWWWWWW THEY ARE ALL SUPPPPPEEEEERRRR CUTE!!!

Congrats!

3. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK

Oh my goodness...those kids are sooo cute. Goat and human!

4. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks so much! :) They are doing great this morning. Trouble's kids are getting stronger, but we're still making sure they are nursing. Trouble is trying so hard to be a good mama :)

My daughter has been a HUGE help with delivering and helping with the babies.

5. ()relics

()relics New Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Indiana

Those are some really nice looking dark colored kids, even lots of pigment on the trads.....And the pictures....I should have you, or your daughter, take ALL the pictures for my website because compared to yours, mine are Not So Good...I have a question about the sire....email me if you are curious.

6. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Wow your buck throws some really beautiful kids Candice. Congrats, they are all so cute.

7. Robynlynn

Robynlynn New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    NW Iowa

NICE LOOKING BABIES! (and very sweet children too) wish human kids were still little and amazed by the goats again.....
    Congrats! :wave:

8. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

O my gosh I am in love with troubles kids. They all look really nice have fun with them all and I hope snow white gives you a little break. You must be in baby goat heaven. Hopefully next year everyone will get bred when I want them too and I can have a busy kidding time in january- early february. Can't wait for more pictures.

9. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

They are adorable! And your daughters are SOOO pretty! I love the picture of the little girl imitating the goat. She is doing a good job! :laugh:

10. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Awww they are gorgeous all of them, the baby goats and your daughter. Congrats on all the babies.

11. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it :) My girls LOVE the goats. My son loves them too, but doesn't spend as much time with them. All three of my kids helped last night with Sweetheart.

Relics - I will email you as soon as I get a chance :) BTW my buck's name is Hopewell's Longstreet

Snow White is in labor now, so I just came in to get something for me and my 4yo to eat, help her get ready to come out, and all the towels and things. So glad I put them right in the washer/dryer last night.
    Really didn't think Snow White would go today, so this was a surprise!

12. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia

Wow! What a busy week you've had!!! LOVE the pics (as always). The kids (both goat and human) are adorable! :hug:

13. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI

What beautiful babie's :wahoo:

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

What gorgeous kids!! I just knew that Trouble would give you red babies..gorgeous! :love:
    Sweetheart did a sneaky thing on you!! So glad that she gave you equally adorable babies with no problem :hug:

Your daughters are beautiful, you are a very Blessed lady :hug:

15. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks so much :) And Liz yep, you were right about red babies! I think they might be my buck's first solid reds? I've only ever seen his kids as paints or traditionals.

Well....as if yesterday wasn't busy enough....Snow White wanted in on the fun!

Yesterday evening I thought maybe she'd wait until the weekend - udder was filling but not strutted, ligs were still there.

This morning no ligs, udder full. I knew she'd go today, and was hoping she'd wait until after the kids got home from school.
    She wasn't getting too active, just sporadic, so at 3:30pm I came in hoping I'd have enough time to cook dinner....

Kids got off the bus at 3:45pm, I sent my oldest daughter out to stay with her and told her to come in if she was pushing out the bubble.
    Maybe 1 minute later she comes back to the door and says she's pushing, and gets all panic stricken telling me come on, she's pushing LOL I told her to calm down and go stay with her.
    Dinner had to wait.
    But for our last doe due, we were all there to see the kids born :)

She had a really cute :kidred: and then a BIG :kidblue:
    Her buckling has the same color head as Sweetheart's! THank goodness their markings are different!
    Her kids are really strong, and were up nursing pretty fast, and was by far the easiest kidding of the 3 - Snow White wasted no time once she started pushing, and the kids needed little help nursing.

What's fun also is the fact this is her 2nd kidding, first time she gave us kids that looked more like her -- Kiko. This time they look more like their sire - our boer buck.

We used my daughters camera again, and they didn't turn out half bad :wink:

Doeling - dark head, Buckling -light head
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My son and Snow White's doeling
    [​IMG]

Snow White's buckling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He has a spot on his back, and I think he has some color between his hind legs, but not as much as Sweetheart's buckling.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My son and Snow White's buckling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trouble being nosey. Actually she was seeing what kind of goodies I brought them for the night, hehe
    [​IMG]

meanwhile...her twins were snoozing...
    doeling in red, buckling in black.
    [​IMG]

Sweetheart's buckling....he's so cute, love the blonde heads.
    [​IMG]

We didnt' get anything of her doeling - she kept staying up under mama, maybe she is camera shy? :laugh:

I hope to get my camera out and get pics soon. I may wait until we bring them outside for a while hopefully on Saturday when it's supposed to be nice.

Edited to add....

Our 2011 tally is 4 :kidred: and 4 :kidblue: !!! All 4 of our girls had twins and they each had one :kidred: and :kidblue: :laugh:

We have one doe left, if she is pregnant which I am sure she is, she'll be due April 26th. So a nice break until then :)

16. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
    Re: Trouble and Sweethearts twins! AND SNOW WHITE TOO!

So cute, i can't wait for my girl to have her's! i'm getting jealous seeing all these baby's!

17. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

:cool: :leap: Congratulations! I cannot even imagine a series of days like that with everybody going at once! It's kind of like they scheme and plan it that way. Your babies are just gorgeous, the two legged and four legged ones. If you need to find a home for that red buckling, you know, I could probably help you out with that. :laugh:
    Hope you get rested up!

18. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia

SOOOO cute! Glad everything went so easily, too. :leap:

19. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Yep they schemed all right! I would have managed some zzz's if her buckling hadn't needed to be watched so closely. It's like...as soon as he really got going where he was able to nurse without assistance....Sweetheart decided to kid.

We had the nasty weather last night - around 3- 3 1/2 inches of rain, so I was keeping an eye on the creek, but more worried about the pooling water near the barn. I got a few hours of sleep before I got the kids up for school. Then laid down for 2 hours. I had to drag myself out of bed!

The kids are all doing great this morning :thumb: Trouble's kids are up more and starting to really venture around the stall. They are just too adorable.
    Snow White's kids are all over the place too.

Sweetheart's kids win the title of noisiest! Nothing more fun though than just listening to the babies chattering back and forth, and with mama too.

Well, morning chores are done, and I am going to take a much needed nap with my 4yo daughter while she watches a movie :)
    This evening I gotta get my house cleaned up....It's not horrible thank goodness, but I have a mountain of clean laundry sitting on my dryer, some folded in a basket, and now I have about 2-3 loads to wash! If there is one thing I can't stand getting behind on it's laundry! So wish me luck on getting it done LOL

20. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

Awwwwww! They are all just beautiful. :thumb: :love: I do have to say that I love Trouble's solid red kids. A huge congrats!!!

Tracy