The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For people who know about doe raised triplets:
What is the chance of a doe rejecting one (or more) kids?
Is there an age that is more common for rejection?
Are there early warning signs?
Are there any preventative measures?

I have new triplets and am wondering how much to worry about a kid being rejected. At this point they are all doing great.

·
8,487 Posts
Like what was posted, weigh frequently. If one seems more vocal than the others, it may be actually starving. Once they start
down hill, they go fast. All should be introduced to the bottle. Yes, its a royal pain, but so much easier to save later if they know
about a bottle soon after birth. Watch the doe, too. She can slide down hill rapidly, too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
For people who know about doe raised triplets:
What is the chance of a doe rejecting one (or more) kids?
Is there an age that is more common for rejection?
Are there early warning signs?
Are there any preventative measures?

I have new triplets and am wondering how much to worry about a kid being rejected. At this point they are all doing great.

View attachment 212273
I think they'll be fine if they are doing good at this point. Just keep your eyes peeled for something unusual. Cute little goatlets you have!

I know the proper terminology is kids, but I think it should be goatlets

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I know the proper terminology is kids, but I think it should be goatlets
I would not have a problem with that. Or goatling would work for me too. Or even "cutiesmudgypie".

There are a lot of changes I would make if I were in charge of the English language. For example, let's have only one term for all adult male mammals. We do not need buck and bull and ram and jack and boar and stallion, just to name a few.

cutiesmudgypie
Working animal Liver Fawn Fence Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys are funny.

I'm okay with using "greg", though I admit it did not occur to me to come up with a new term. I thought we could just us one of the existing terms and apply it to all mammals. But what is wrong with bob? (lots wrong with the Bob I know but...) Buck would probably be my first pick.

Maybe I'll start a new thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts