Trouble with Webs.com websites

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Oat Bucket Farm, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Is anyone experiencing trouble getting to their site or viewing other sites that are webs.com? Apperantly AT&T is having issues and their security thing is blocking the webs.com addresses, although the freewebs/username addresses are still doing fine as are those sites with domain names. So I switched my primary webs address to the freewebs one but now a couple of people say they can't see my pictures. I can still see my pictures when I go to my sight. Can anyone else see the pics? Is anyone else having problems? Trying to decide if I need to go through and remove all the pics and reload them. I really, hope not, but will do so if I have to.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    cant reach your site :/

I can get on mine though which is hosted by webs so I dont think its a webs issue across the board

I also cant get on Ashley's site either so dont know if thats related to how you cant access yours.

3. Oat Bucket Farm

Dec 13, 2009
    Actually I can access mine, but I guess other people can't and some of the people that can access it aren't seeing the pictures.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I can get to yours, Audra, and see pics :)

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I was able to access yours finally but no pictures. :/

7. Oat Bucket Farm

Dec 13, 2009
    I can get to yours and there are pics and everything Stacy. Your's as well Allison. I think I am just going to have to get their pay for services maybe.

8. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I like homestead.com better than freewebs. I found freewebs so difficult overall!

9. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    How do you ad an avatar and also add your website to the bottom of your name? I know- my age is showing!

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  11. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I've been having trouble with them for several days now. I switched mine to the freewebs and can now access it, but no pics. I'm thinking about switching to a new website, cause they say it's not on their end and they can't do anything about it. :(

12. Oat Bucket Farm

Dec 13, 2009
    I am actually considering Homestead too. Seems like the issue isn't affecting the sites with domain names (meaning the pay for site) which is rather convenient. Can you get a webstore through Homestead like you can Webs? Do you have to pay for a whole year at once?

13. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

OMG IM SO MAD AT WEBS!!!

Ive been having troubles for almost a month :(

14. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    You know it is rather interesting that the sites that bought a domain name can be accessed, but not the free sites. Hmmmmmm......

15. TinyHoovesRanch

I can accsess mine perfectly it comes up.

The pics are my problem....ARGH!!!! I cant get any up! And when I asked about it they said they were trying to fix it and that was over a month ago

16. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    That's why I moved from freewebs to paid hosting and suggest my clients do as well. Just moved a website last night in fact. Freewebs is having a lot of issues

17. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I just fixed up my freewebs site the other day and at first had trouble with pics, but once I compressed my file sizes of pictures (the size for webpages) it has given me no problem since. Could that be the problem?

18. TinyHoovesRanch

I have no idea how to even do that lol

19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I was having problems too...Audra, I had no problem seeing your site.

I bought my domain and it works fine now.
    www.dollysacre.com

20. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    I have a webs website, can you check and see if it is loading ok?