trying to breed

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by moday, Oct 16, 2009.

1. moday

moday Member

Oct 10, 2007
    We had our Boer doe at the breeder for about 12 days. The breeder saw the buck try to mount her a couple times, and he said that she was in heat at least a couple days during her stay. The day after we brought her home, there was a white mucous discharge occuring. Did that mean she went in heat again, or something else? I plan on breeding again in a couple weeks , but I'm wondering if there is any chance that she's pregnant with the discharge occuring? I didn't want to leave her there too long, as I had a wether back at our place going nuts while alone. Since we thought she was bred is why we took her home for a stay.

Please advise. Thanks

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A white mucous discharge occuring...is normal ...for... if they are just going out of season.... :wink: :greengrin:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The 2 does that were bred here in the last 2 weeks have had a white discharge a few days after the breeding....so far all is good, Will know in another week if the first doe didn't settle.

4. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009
    I was actually just getting on here to ask the same question about a doe of mine. She was in heat for the last two days and today she has a white mucus-y discharge and is a bit pink and swollen, and seems a little uncomfortable in that area (she doesn't like me touching her anywhere near her rear end today, and normally she doesn't care). Good to know it's normal! This is my first breeding season, so I'm having to learn as I go.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    perfectly normal... :wink:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    a white discharge after breeding isnt abnormal as the doe will secrete any "extra" from breeding

it can also be as Pam said and be normal for the end of their heat cycle.