The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
She has a very dairy build which is giving her a thin appearance but that is normal for a dairy goat. Shes not going to "fill out" until shes full grown and grows into herself.
Okay, thanks! I guess I am just used to seeing Nigerians that are kinda heavy, so I thought that's what they were supposed to look like. :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Haha! My other doe is like that too. She is a
Boer x Nigerian Dwarf. She is BIG by the end of the day if I let them out to eat all day.
:heehee: That's funny. Do you have any pictures? (if you don't mind) I've never seen a
ND x Boer before! Is she more ND or Boer looking? It sounds like a neat combo!

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,391 Posts
She doesn't really look underweight to me, but she does look copper deficient.

I would not start on replamin plus, I used this to try and resolve copper and zinc issues and I got NADA, because the ratio of copper:zinc is just so off. I would really just repeat a bolus when you can and go from there.:)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
She doesn't really look underweight to me, but she does look copper deficient.

I would not start on replamin plus, I used this to try and resolve copper and zinc issues and I got NADA, because the ratio of copper:zinc is just so off. I would really just repeat a bolus when you can and go from there.:)
Okay, thanks for the info! I am going to copper bolus her in a couple of months.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
:heehee: That's funny. Do you have any pictures? (if you don't mind) I've never seen a
ND x Boer before! Is she more ND or Boer looking? It sounds like a neat combo!
I don't know which one she looks like more. She looks like both! I need to go out and get updated photos but her is what she looks like!
E27745A2-1287-48BC-841F-84B18964D73C.jpeg
AC975544-9437-4A9D-9FE1-231DE8A589F7.jpeg
B1069860-22A3-41B1-94FE-18919CBDB735.jpeg

21 - 40 of 43 Posts