Tumbles kidded!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by kelebek, Jun 6, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, tonight I checked tumbles and her ligs are 3/4 gone and her udder is filling fast. She is my spotted nubian bred to my *S Nigerian buck, Abba.

I am really excited about this breeding as I thought that there was no way i was going to get her bred this year and she is such a beautiful girl. Can't wait to milk her and see what she has - GOSH I PRAY she has a spotted kid.

Will keep you updated - but she went from full ligs to almost gone in less than 12 hours.

2. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Re: Tumbles is up for kidding

Oh! More babies! :leap: I need some good news around here, so waiting to hear about the arrival of your new ones. :pray: for pretty spotted triplet doelings!

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Thank you Aimee. I checked her at 6 and udder was fuller and ligs all but gone. It is now 9 - time to milk and feed bottle brats so I will get some pics

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Tumbles is doing great! Ligs are gone gone - scouring a bit, belly dropped, and her udder is huge!!! Shouldn't be long now!

Ohhhhh and the weather just turned AWEFUL!!! We all know that is when they like to kid!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

mine all kidded on a nice days this year :) I hope she goes smoothly for you

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Tumbles just kidded with twin doelings - exactly opposite from each other!!! One is blonde roaned with a few spots and a white belly band. The other is black with brown belly, swiss marking, and legs. With a small white portion on one side.

Momma wants nothing to do with the kiddos at all and is totally moving away from them. I am leaving her in the stall with them to see what she is going to do. She didn't even try to clean them and will barely talk to them. She is curious but that is the extent of it!

I will post pics as soon I can get my comp back from hubby

7. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Awww Congrats!!! They sound adorable and I can't wait to see pics! I hope mama comes around, hopefully she's just confused and doesn't know what to do with them yet. I hope your weather has gotten better too!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you.... Unfortunately this is typical of generation after generation of pulling at birth and bottle raising. I had another nubian that did this same exact thing last August - annoying is what it is! Lol!

I will check on them again here soon and see what is going on.

9. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Congratulations! Twin does, that's great! And sounds like one got the spots you wanted, right? Hope the mama does better. Is that genetic, then, not wanting to care for the kids? Hopefully you wont have to bottle feed these babies. Glad to get some good news today, and can't wait to see the pics!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats.. that is terrific.... :thumb: :love: