TV...music....movies...entertainment...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Nov 22, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    So I thought I'd start a thread about tv/music/movies all in one :)

What's everyone watching? listening too?

My friends were shocked when they found out how much tv I watch.
    Maybe one hour a week if that!
    I used to watch the news in the mornings, and most likely will again especially when winter really sets in. I tried to get into a few tv shows, but I dunno...I just can't seem to get into anything.
    I do DVR 90210 <heh>, and Hawaii five o but I am behind on both shows, so hopefully tomorrow I can watch some of the episodes on dvr!

A friend kept recommending the Vampire Diaries, so I finally watched it, and OMG I am hooked now! Didn't think I'd like the show at all, but it really grew on me. I'm not into the whole blood sucking stuff, but I liked all the rest of the stuff, and well, the eye candy isn't bad!

I love the music from the show. I've gotten some of the songs and have been listening to them over and over again! There is one song that isn't on the show, but somehow came across it on youtube
    Black Lab, the song is 'This Night.'
    I LOVE this song, it's sooo....wicked! But the melody.....voice...meaning...wow. Deep.
    My son says it's a scary song LOL!!!
    BTW, I LOVE a wide variety of music, just depends on my mood.

As for movies I haven't seen anything new in quite a while. I am really out of date with everything, so eventually I need to take some 'me' time and enjoy!

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

I just have to say.....

Damon is the love of my life! :love: :love: :drool: :drool:

3. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I will admit I love to watch tv!
    My favorite show is Glee. LOVE the music on there as well. I also love to watch Grey's Anatomy and The Office. I just picked up this season on watching Modern Family, which is just hilarious!!!
    In the summer time I watch True Blood! Another one of my favorites!

As for movies, I just went and saw Harry Potter today! :wahoo: I am tempted to go see it again.

And music.... I am a major country music fan. My favorite band is Lady A. Favorite female vocalist is Miranda Lambert. Favorite male vocalist is Trace Adkins. Those are just my favorites, but I don't think there is anyone I don't like!

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    House, Hell's Kitchen.

And I'm currently working my way through the entire Monk series on Netflix.

Music: Whatever my ipod shuffles too. LOL.

5. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    No Laura I get Damon...

I am a tv-oholic

Glee is great
    Modern Family

drama
    Greys Anatomy
    Private Practice

Murder/Mystery
    Bones
    Fringe

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    fun!

TV
    I watch quite a bit doing homework on the weekdays;
    Office, Outsourced, 30 Rock, House, Scrubs, Burn Notice... I really love dry comedy I guess!

Music, well.. bluegrass, metal, classic rock and country! pretty wide vareity. 5 Finger Death Punch and Avenged Sevenfold are two really great metal/Rock bands. then Black Sabbath and for country I like Dierks Bently, Jason Aldean. For Bluegrass it's Hobo Jim, who is a local star :)

7. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Wow I think we all have a lot in common here! :) I LOVE Country music too! Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean and George Strait are my very favorites, but I also love Lady A, Sugarland, and many others too!

Damon is H.O.T. And I love watching just to see what he will say next, I love his attitude and cockiness LOL

This song males me think of Damon:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgudJfJ9NSo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgudJfJ9NSo[/ame]

I think Caroline has become a very cool character. Looking forward to the new episode on Dec 2nd.

I also watched True Blood, and liked it. Any idea when a 3rd season would start?

Also.... can you believe I have 'never' seen a Harry Potter movie? I KNOW...TERRIBLE! I will though! We actually have like 3-4 of them.

I have yet to see the Secretariat movie! I want to go see it before it leaves theater, just don't have the $$ to take the family to the theater right now, maybe when it hits the cheap seats :)

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    LOL I hate theatres, they charge you for everything..too expensive. But of coruse I always go with friends and we split the cost and go to the nice ones in Anchorage. They have IMAX now this year!

I've seen the first 3 Harry Potters, But then I totally forgot about it and now there's like 4-5 ? idk bu I probably should catch up with the times here!

9. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Okay, now this is going to sound really wierd but I don't know any of the shows that you guys are talking about. I have a t.v. but only watch movies, mostly outdated ones, because that is what I have. I live in the bush and the only way to get t.v. is with satelitte and we opted for internet instead of t.v. Which by the way we just got one year ago. I haven't watched regular t.v. in alsmost 30 yrs. I do watch some when I visit my daughter in town. Mostly animal shows, Friends and 3 1/2 Men. I really don't miss it. I do enjoy country music but rarely listen to it either. I don't really have any favorites there. I guess you can say that my entertainment is my animals......my life totally centers around them.

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    TV shows: NCIS, CSI NY, CSI Miami, The Mentalist, White Collar, Burn Notice, The Amazing Race, (basically I watch a lot of CBS and USA with my grandmom :p )

Music:Christian - wide variety. Country - LOVE the male singers and some groups. and some alternative/rock - whatever strikes my fancy

Movies - havent been to see many in theaters I am not big on spending that money. I love romantic comedys and good heart warming stories. I too want to see Secretariet but havent been able to find anyone to go with.

11. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    TV shows: Friends, The nanny, What I like about you, Grey's Anatomy, Reba, Pretty much anything on the ANimal Planet and Nat'l Geographic, LOVE Swamp People!!! :)

Music: COUNTRY!!!!! I also listen to alternative, rock, metal (if my husband makes me! LOL) and rap for dancing.

Movies: Just Friends, Overboard, All the Disney movies, and most of the movies on Lifetime.

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Woah! Whe you said that I was like, wait your in Alaska? LOL
    I used to live in the bush too and we didn't watch tv, we had movies though (VHS) :wink:

13. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Not sure when True Blood starts. Second season was June.... so I am assuming that is when third will start. I totally missed out on a couple episodes of this last season, so am waiting for the DVD to come out!
    You should watch Harry Potter! It is soooooo good! I am bigger into movies than books. Though I enjoyed the books, I loved the movies more.
    Plus, I will admit I kinda have a crush on Rupert Grint. lol

The newest one is part one of the 7th. :wink: They are splitting it into 2 parts as there is so much to include in the last one!

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    7th! OMG what rock have I been under?
    LOL

15. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Yep Katrina, that's what we do, watch vhs movies. I live in north central B.C. and there is still lots of bushland. It is a 4 hour drive to the nearest major center so I make that trip once a month in the summer and never go anywhere for 6 months in the winter. So needless to say we have a lot of vhs movies...lol....

16. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    I dont watch a lot of tv, but when I catch House, I am always glad. I always loved Monk, too. I also ADORE Castle, cuz I am a huge Nathan Fillion fan. LOVED Firefly and Serenity (the movie).

I do like American Idol, and usually get into it, altho I dont think I will this year unless someone who makes awesome country music gets on there. I never watch til they go to Hollywood, cuz I hate that aspect of the show where they make fun of people.

I love country music (old and new), and church songs :) Some blugrass, if I am in the mood.

Movies are my fave. The newest Harry Potter ROCKED :) I just re-watched all the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Awesome. :) My kids are like me, we watch movies over and over and over AND OVER! LOL

I also love books, and reading. I usually love books better than their movie counterparts :)

17. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

As for tv I don't get to watch much but I love WEEDS its on showtime and we don't have that so I have to wait and buy the season when they come out on DVD and I watch Brothers and sisters, sometimes the news but that's about it.

As for movies I love comedys anything dumb that makes me laugh. But I can't tell you the last time I went to a movie theater.

Then for music I listen to alot of hip hop and some rap. at work we listen to a little rock and then at home its country.

Entertainment, well I don't have alot of free time but when I do its chillin at friends houses because they are all starting family's. Or we go out to the bars and clubs on weekends. My one friend is a bar tender so on thursday nights we all get together for a cocktail or 2 just so we can see each other since we are all so busy.

18. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I think the last time I went to a theater was to see the Twilight movie 'Eclipse' with my two oldest kids. We saw The A-Team before that. I have been waiting for both of these to come on dvd, should be soon I'd think, I know Eclipse is coming out in about a week or two.

I want to take the kids to see Tangled. Maybe for my oldest daughters birthday <Dec 1st>, it looks funny :)

I also like American Idol. I like watching the auditions, the way I see it, they know what they are getting themselves into if they've watched the show themselves....hehe.... It's fun because you get to see the ones who make it, from start to finish.
    And we'd never get to see Mr Pant's On The Ground LOL!!!! OMG that was the funniest audition! My kids and nephews went around singing that song for months!

I also like the show Army Wives, but wasn't into it so much this past season.... Ii'll watch it when it comes on again though :) One of those shows that really grew on me.

Today my song of choice is : Temptation by Moby. I LOVE this song. <I think it was originally written by New Order>.

19. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I thought I'd revive an old thread!

What's everyone into these days? Music? tv? Movies? Books?

I've been listening to a variety of stuff, although lately I've gone back to my 'roots' hehe....80s/90s hard rock. I grew up listening to
    Bon Jovi, Poison, Slaughter, Ac/DC, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, Guns n'Roses, Steelheart, Trixter, Ugly Kid Joe, etc. etc. etc.
    My son really likes Ac/Dc :) First song I ever fell in love with was Every Rose Has It's Thorn by Poison, if you haven't heard it you gotta!!! :)

I don't watch tv. The entire summer I think I've sat down maybe 2 or 3 times to watch a movie on tv, and maybe one or two rerun shows. I watch the news occassionally while making dinner.
    I did watch Fast and Furious 5 last night, good movie, although for some reason I never saw the 4th one.
    Going to watch Jump the Broom tonight...heh...

I'm re-reading Mark Greaney's 'The Gray Man.' I really enjoyed this book the first time. His main character sure knows how to get himself in trouble, and don't think he ever gets himself out of trouble haha....can't wait for the third book to come out in about a month.
    I also found out one of my favorite author's, Matthew Reilly is releasing a new book soon as well, a 5th book in his Scarecrow series. Excited about that. The scarecrow series reminds me of Indiana Jones meets Macguyver meets Tom Clancy I guess? Anyway, good action reads with likeable characters.

How about you all, what's your world of entertainment?

20. Farmgirl675

Farmgirl675 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    I don't get to watch much TV...plus we only have two channels so choices are limited...I do like NCIS, CSI, House and Hell's Kitchen.......absolutley HATE reality shows!

Recently we took a rain day to watch movies.....Soul Surfer was a fabulous movie!!

I do listen to music all the time.......depending on my mood I go from hard core rock to country....but I have to change the station if their playing Taylor Swift...can't stand the whiny no talent stuff she puts out.