Twilight day 144! I think babies today update pic 7-4

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Jun 27, 2010.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Twilight is on day 144 today. She seems miserable but I dont know if that is cause she is close are cause its so hot. Her udder seems bigger and she seems more hippy but thats about all I see. So here are pics of her.
    Pic of about two weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
    These are from today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So what do you all think does she look like she will go to 150?

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Twilight day 144!

Very pretty girl Joanie!!
    I say twins and I think maybe 147...her udder is really full and she's dropped so nope..don't think she'll go 150.

3. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

Wow! She sure got deep and wide in a hurry! Happy kidding, and can't wait to see the new little ones. :)

4. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Thanks everyone she is one of my favorite does. She is a pretty girl. I just wish she would hurry and have them this heat is horrible. I know its got to be making her miserable. Fingers crossed that she has twins not just one big one.

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

I agree, she is very pretty! And with that belly, I'd hope it's twins too! She does look like she'd be miserable with the heat. I know my girls have been miserable too - they've been so hot and sticky/sweaty! We're supposed to get a break from the real hot and humid weather after today and I can't wait! It's been in the upper 80s and 90s for weeks now and the humidity....YUCK.

And the waiting thing.....we don't have a due date so I've been waiting for the last month LOL Hopefully in the next week or two would be nice! Nothing like the waiting game! Hopefully your girl will go soon!

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

looking good :D

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

very pretty and she is definitely... getting close.... her udder is getting tighter...... :thumb: :wink:

8. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Well today is 147 and still nothing. Still out in pasture eating and acting like nothing is going on. Ligs are low but still there. I wish she would just hurry up Im wanting to see these kids.

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

The day isn;t over yet Joanie!!! Come on Twilight.....wanna see if you give black babies!!

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Yep... you never know... :thumb: :laugh:

11. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Ok some change, she is standing very posty against the wall. She keeps looking back and kinda chewing at her stomache. Now I really have to search for her ligs so im thinking they are gone. She is acting very friendly and kinda spacey. Im hoping they will be black and have moonspots like their daddy. We will see I guess.

12. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

any babies yet??? :)

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

It will be soon.... :thumb: :wink: :hug:

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I hope it's before the day is out, if not then I bet you're in for a long night!

15. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Haha, her name just got me thinking... You know that today is the official release date of the new Twilight movie 'Eclipse' right? How appropriate if she has her kids today or...TONIGHT...! You can name your does and bucks after the Characters LOL For a buck name him 'Cullen' or something like that - not sure Edward or Jacob would be attractive for a goat LOL

16. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Oh yes she is keeping me guessing. She keeps digging but wont lay down. She keeps readjusting her back legs, like she is real uncomfortable. She goes out and grazes, but a few minutes ago she was off by herself standing. Im afraid im in for a long night to. HoosierShadow yes Ive been thinking about the Twilight movie to. I think if she has a doe I would like it to be WGF Twilight's Bella, of course the doe is reserved but I can name it right lol. A buck name yes I like Cullen, its very cute. Thanks for the name suggestion. I hoping I dont pull my hair out before the day is over. The doe that I had that got bred at the same time, had her babies yesterday at the new breeders and she had triplet bucks, I hope I dont get all bucks. lol

17. farmgirl1

farmgirl1 New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Monroeville, NJ

anything??

18. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

No nothing she is driving me crazy. Grrr! She does have some creamy discharge today but she is acting fine eating and grazing with the herd. Guess she is going to go to her 150 day due date which is Sat. Unless she had a five day heat then she wouldnt be due untill July 8th, so who knows. But cant believe how posty she has been and the way she has been acting but guess its just set back and waite.

19. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Are our does secretly communicating? LOL About the same here minus the posty legs. I am not even kidding - mornings Sweethearts ligs are soooo soft, evenings you can feel them more. Is that even normal? LOL I double check so I know i am not exaggerating!
    Sweetheart's had the clear and creamy discharge, and had a hint of pink the other day, but then we seem to get back to square one.
    I now think my other doe will go first and give no warning, I think the kids will just have to come out on their own...LOL!!!!

Yep, love the waiting game. At least I will be home this weekend.... Hopefully you don't have any major plans! Or...if you have fireworks..maybe that'll put her in labor....LOL

20. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

I just gave up on the whole ligs thing myself. I swear that Karma didn't have any ligs for at least 5 days before she kidded. Of course, she was the oddball. My only warning was she dropped again a day or two before, looking completely hollow all the way from ribs to hip, and I couldn't feel the baby AT ALL the day before. No kicks, nothing. Hope babies come soon! I was hoping for a July 4th baby so I could name it "Yankee Doodle Dandy". :laugh: