Twin Help!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Pheonix08, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to ask which of these yearlings you think is the better one? I say Victoria but my dad says Veronica. But I am one up on him because at there last show Victoria was placed just above her sister.
    Also u know how juges give a speech about the good things in a goat and some people have something like that one their website. What should I but for them?

If anyone is interested in helping me with this you can email me at
    We have 16goats in all.

Home Page: so u can look at all of our goats:
  2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm not expert by all means but I do think that Victoria "looks" better...she is level on top as well as long in body and leg....and unless it's the angle of the pic Veronica has shorter legs and just seems stockier in build her rumps a bit high compared to her withers I agree with you that Victoria s "better" than her sister. :)

3. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    I have always though Veronica back end looked funny. I could just never pin pt what it was about it that way weird. Thanks for the input. Having 2 pics of each should help. I can try and get more if needed.
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Victoria blends better in her front assembly. Her front legs are also straighter and she just has a nicer set of front hooves.

Of course Veronica is nothing to sneeze at but yes I would choose Victoria over veronica based on those pictures. IT does look like Veronica is fighting you in the picture so that doesn't lend her to looking as nice as her more well behaved sister
  5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i would keep both! haha we used to have nubians but, they were too loud.

i would say that victoria is your best bet, she is a more feminine individual with what looks to be great dairy character and a natural uphill stance. though she does grant capacity to her sister