The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, we had another goat kick the bucket while giving birth last night. She was a bit older, and we did plan on retiring her after this last season. But, after giving birth to these healthy twins (though one is about 2/3 the size of his sister), she went into labor AGAIN about 12 hours later. There was no fluid, none of that snot stuff you see when giving birth. Just... Blood. We did end up losing her despite our efforts to help her out, but her kids she was able to give birth to seem to be doing fine in our care so far. They're a little reluctant to the bottle after they've had the real thing, but they do take it after a bit of gentle force. So, meet the newest members of the family, Cow and Smokey!

Rest in Peace Faun, may you rest well 馃檹馃挄

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry you lost mom. I hope Cow and Smokey bring you as much joy as Faun did.
Oh they definitely are! They're already super friendly, and Smokey's already got the hang of the bottle. Though they're a bit chaotic, I love em to death!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So sorry about Faun. The babies are adorable!
I knowww! Faun always got us pretty babies when it was time to breed her. Hers always sold the fastest, and some of hers even grew up to be our biggest when we bred her with our boer! I miss her so much, but she'll never have to feel the pain again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts