The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How are things?
I’m sorry, I thought I had posted this. She was dead at morning fed. Her sister seems to be doing fairly well. She is the smaller of the two. She gets one more Corrid dose tomorrow. They both were lively and appeared healthy until the first one that died just went off feed. They lost their mother about 3 weeks ago, they were about 8-9 weeks old then. They had to go on hard feed full time but had been eating it a little. It was a shock to them to loose their mama so soon. It has been a really depressing situation and has cause me to rethink why I even keep trying to raise them. I guess I just get too attached to them. It’s just sad to here the little ones call for mom when you know she is gone. Oh, slap my face, I don’t know why I got off on this. The last twin is doing ok I think, I keep checking on her off and on during the day. She has seemingly found an older baby goat she lays with and buddies with so maybe she will be ok.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I’m sorry, I thought I had posted this. She was dead at morning fed. Her sister seems to be doing fairly well. She is the smaller of the two. She gets one more Corrid dose tomorrow. They both were lively and appeared healthy until the first one that died just went off feed. They lost their mother about 3 weeks ago, they were about 8-9 weeks old then. They had to go on hard feed full time but had been eating it a little. It was a shock to them to loose their mama so soon. It has been a really depressing situation and has cause me to rethink why I even keep trying to raise them. I guess I just get too attached to them. It’s just sad to here the little ones call for mom when you know she is gone. Oh, slap my face, I don’t know why I got off on this. The last twin is doing ok I think, I keep checking on her off and on during the day. She has seemingly found an older baby goat she lays with and buddies with so maybe she will be ok.
I just looked back and I didn’t post it. I went thru the motions but never sent it so I guess it got lost. I just reposted above.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I’m sorry you are going thru such hardship right now. I felt the same this kidding season when I lost my first babies ever. It’s very sad!
But then there is also the reward of seeing the healthy happy babies and knowing you are providing a good life for them. Makes us keep going with it.

·
Super Moderator
35,592 Posts
Oh..Tom..im sorry

21 - 28 of 28 Posts